A14 Upgrade Huntingdon to Cambridge

We've got some smart ar$e environmetalist trying to prove that dualling the remainder of the A47 thru to Norwich is not the most climate sensitive way of doing things. Everything is already in progress and the court cases, now gone to appeal ( again ) are dragging on and costing a bl00dy fortune holding up the contractors. Everybody else just wants ONE decent road out of damned Norfolk and prosperity for places like Great Yarmouth with all the renewable energy stuff going on in the North Sea. I doubt the bloke even took the negative effects upon all of that into his stupid calculations....

We've got some smart ar$e environmetalist trying to prove that dualling the remainder of the A47 thru to Norwich..
Also needs Norwich to Dereham, Dereham to Swaffham, Swaffham to King's Lynn, Wisbech bypass, Wisbech to Peterborough and Peterborough to Leicester dualling.

Reactions: TopCat1127
( This is actually true ) Towns and cities get allocated resources according to their immediate area. Being coastal, we only get half, as there's obviously nobody in the sea to factor in. So we get sweet FA or bottom of the list. Poor old Suffolk, or slow folk as I have heard it called, used to have an A12, which until you get 'well sarf' is like a cart track nowadays. All the village parish councils have had the limits dropped to 30 and any overtaking spots to get past the beet lorries, are now 50 mph etc., or have had huge chunks hatched out to hold you back. That used to be my motorbike run to and from uni, I could do it an hour and 15 mins ! Not now though. In fact, part of the A12 is now the A47 going south from Great Yarmouth. Why ? Because the A47 Alliance was able to spend some money on improving this end, but had to fudge the name to get it approved !

Is that the western part round Taverham Foobar? I used to live just off the NDR at that bit and last I heard (through the residents notice we got) they have to move it further west because of Bats flying round Ringland!!!
Post automatically merged:

I wondered why the A12 got renamed! That's hilarious. Also yeah thanks for the 421 heads up but I got caught in it last weekend, wasn't too bad, just meant a trip through Great Barford

no motorways in that part of the country
We have the M11, which starts (or ends) BOTH at the A11 AND the A1307 (Duxford and Fenstanton), over 45 miles from me and 85 miles from Noel! No chance of a driving instructor from Norfolk, or even much of Suffolk, offering pupils a motorway session.
Poor old Suffolk, or slow folk as I have heard it called, used to have an A12
Hey, some of my fam still live close to the A12 in Lowestoft!
My dad used to walk to work from North Lowestoft (adj. Football ground) to Pye TV on the river's south bank, including the two years of the A12 harbour crossing reconstruction from the swing bridge to the bascule bridge around 1970, when a moveable footbridge allowed pedestrians a shortcut avoiding Oulton Broad (he was on release to Norwich college for part of that, so his walk would pause at Lowestoft Station just north of the crossing, then obviously recommence at Norwich station).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Foobar