A14 Upgrade Huntingdon to Cambridge

It'll be good news as well for people coming from some of the Bucks/Northants villages as they've recently finished in the last year or so the A6 to A421 link up to bypass Bedford too

Here in Wales we seem to have banned all new road building unless there is some sort of super dooper reason for it.
The 30mph speed limit is about to be reduced to 20mph too.

I‘m thinking of getting rid of the cars and getting a horse and cart.

Here in Wales we seem to have banned all new road building unless there is some sort of super dooper reason for it.

yes ,thats exactly what they would like u to do.....altho im sure they would rather it was a bike :ROFLMAO:

now that ulez is expanding in london , cambridge and other citys are readying congestion charges and will soon bring in their own versions of ulez.. the lower classes will yet again struggle to survive.. we in this country are going backwards not forwards.

Reactions: TopCat1127
I’ve got a bike, well at least two to be precise. One is 1400cc and 200BHP. The other is an eighties mountain bike that probably weighs more than the 1400cc but has significantly less power.

To be fair, in what I’ve seen locally, the signage is pretty good and plenty of people trying hard to do 20MPH, it’s not easy.
I’m just back from mainland Europe where 80MPH on motorway equivalent is normal. This means it’s been a very strange 19 hours in mabo‘s world.
mabo’s world is probably pretty strange even before we begin to experience international speed limits.

That happened on Sunday, (the 20MPH thing, not you getting a horse & cart).

My company is based in Crewe, so some of our staff live in Wales and commute in. The joke has been that they will need to give a lift to the guy walking in front of their car with a red flag when they cross into England.

Either that or send the passenger for a jog to say you're running a bit late and will be along shortly :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Sorry I'm late - we had to take our flag man to the hospital to deal with his respiratory problems caused by slow-moving traffic causing extra pollution. Did you know that labouring engines cause higher CO and particulate pollution?! No, neither did our politicians.

But that's okay. It might kill hundreds of extra people every year, but if it saves just one life it'll be worth it!

Imagine how good it would be if we made the limit 5MPH!"

"Sorry I'm late - we had to take our flag man to the hospital to deal with his respiratory problems caused by slow-moving traffic causing extra pollution. Did you know that labouring engines cause higher CO and particulate pollution?! No, neither did our politicians.

But that's okay. It might kill hundreds of extra people every year, but if it saves just one life it'll be worth it!

Imagine how good it would be if we made the limit 5MPH!"
exactly, we have a device thats been installed in the vans called lightfoot.
its job is to basically limit acceleration and make u change gear B4 u hit 2k rpm!
the company loves it, they get certified as being part of the nazi fellow......whoopse i mean green environmentally save the planet friendly group..
save on fuel and emissions..
it even tells me that ive saved the same amount of CO2 this year in weight as 3 fully grown seals :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: o_O

what they ignore tho that since this device was fitted the vans particle filters have tripled in blockages and they have even had 4 engines seize due to low rev overloading.... ford have even told them they wont cover the vans warranty with this device installed ... but ive apparently saved 3 seals somewhere.

oh and the laughable bit is it demands no throttle to be used when going downhill, quite funny when u get undertaken by a man on a racer:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TopCat1127
Desk driving f***wits

Follow the money, as usual.

I quite like electric cars. I'd probably be fine with one given the short journeys I usually do. Electric Cougar? I'd miss the V6 rumble, but something that looks like Wildcat with instant torque? Sign me up!

Buuuut.... Who has assets invested in mining operations in Africa? Who is benefitting from stripping Lithium and Cadmium from Zimbabwe and the like? Who really owns us now?

Yeah.

Just to make locals aware, and anyone else travelling this way ...........

A421 Full weekend closure - National Highways
yep! and also they are digging up most of stneots too , its bloody mad here at the mo.
its the start of the new road they are building from the black cat to Camborne.
it'll completely bypass the A428 up to the dual carriageway part, it should prevent the backing up southbound on the a1 to the black cat....hopefully