Al's Last Meet.

Thank you all again for your generosity, help, love and warmth that you have given us all as a family at this very sad time .šŸ˜¢ I would also like to say that it was a pleasure to meet so many of you today although I wish it had been under better circumstances. Alan and my mum referred to you all as their second family and after meeting some of you today and speaking to you it is clear to see why .šŸ™‚ I know how much love they both had for the club and everyone in it and can tell that they are both loved and held in high regards by you all too . I really hope we can stay in touch as I feel that both Alan and my mum would be so pleased to know that something good has come out of this truly tragic time . I think you will all also agree that today has been a really sad emotional day but definitely the send off that they both deserved. ā¤ They will both be missed so much by us all but forever in our hearts and never forgotten šŸ’™ā¤ take care each and everyone of you, and to Alan and my mum my heart will always be brokenšŸ’” but knowing that you and our beloved Lisa are all together again as you belong gives me a little bit of peace ā¤ā¤ā¤

It was good to be able to give them the send off they both so richly deserved and to hear and share loads of stories about them both today as well.

Thank you for allowing us all to be a big part of today and they will always have a special place in our hearts.

It eased the heart ache of today for so many of us knowing that Lisa and Vonny would have been waiting with open arms for Al with a brew, a bacon butty and a tab.

I reckon that Al and Vonny would have been looking down on us today taking the mickey out of the guys and gals from the club for being so daft.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Ann, your effort to come and meet us all - and recognise us by name - was incredible. Thank you so much for greeting everyone at such a time.

I'll also just say how moved I was that we were all welcomed by the families to attend. We as a club who loved Al and Vonny. Both were huge personalities and a big presence in our lives, and we will miss them terribly.

Thank you Mako it was a pleasurešŸ™‚ I have had the best 2 role models in the world and wanted to meet everyone who I have heard so much about over the years , although I think I should have asked everyone's forum name too coz am sat here scratching my head thinking which name/ face is which name on here šŸ¤£ I don't know how my mum ever figured out / remembered who was who at first šŸ¤£ , I can hear her saying to me now " your not to old for a smack on the bum you bogger " for saying that šŸ¤£

Oh Ann - for what it's worth I tend to rememner people here by their forum names. In my case it's because I can't always keep up and it's just easier.! Especually since we have so many Pauls. How did that happen?

Reactions: Ann mosley
I'll send you a copy of my 'crib sheet' Ann ! Sorry Elaine and I couldn't make it. We had met up with Al and Vonny during their last holiday in Great Yarmouth and will always remember them that way....

Reactions: Ann mosley
Thank you foobar šŸ™‚ I can remember them saying they had spent some time with a couple from the club on that holiday but I couldn't remember your names . Am so glad they managed to get that last holiday away together

Folks, I apologise for the off-topic but this seems like the best place to let you all know... I did a Covid test before Al's funeral (for obvious reasons) and then did another one today for the sake of the incubation period, despite being asymptomatic at this time.

Today's test was positive, meaning I intereacted with someone who also was.

Whether you're vaccinated or not, can I please urge you al to get tested; rapid flow if nothing else.

Thanks for the heads-up Chris.
Both Mo and me did a home test last night and we were negative.
Off for my booster jab this afternoon.
Hope you're OK.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Cheers Chris due to the jobs I do I'm testing at least 5 times a week anyway.

I hope you get over it quickly mate and you stay asymptomatic [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mako
Thanks guys. T also tested positive last night so we did a PCR test and sent it back this afternoon. Should know tomorrow whether we really are infected.