hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

P15-10-10_161702.jpg

gggrrrrrrrrr..............

P15-10-10_161703.jpg

doh!!!!

P15-10-10_161801.jpg

sigh..........

P15-10-10_1618.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/carboncougar/My Black Cat Mods/P15-10-10_1618.jpg

What a fun day I will be having tomorrow :oops:

There's a thread somewhere here about wiring it in. ISTR reading it & thinking "Whaaaaaaaaaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!???????????" & "Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhhh". Closely followed by "I think I'll just leave it as it is"

Fairly straight forward if your connecting to the oem stereo. A completely different KOF if you have aftermarket hu as i do. When you get it sorted, be sure to do an in depth howto Paul. There are loads of write ups for fitting this kit to the mondeo, all have their own conflicting stories and most are for fitting to the oem unit. I had this setup in my mk1 mondeo, i had to use an inline adapter purchased from "incartec" although i think other companies now produce these. All worked fine in the mondy with the JVC hu. When i got the cougar, i went for the identical setup, but for some weird reason i still cannot fathom, it just will not work. I've got the complete setup again in a box unopened in my garage, just waiting for the day/week/month......when i can be bothered to have another go at it. Meanwhile, i'm using the focus stalk remote, only three wires to connect and it just works :)
I would much prefer this stalk kit working though, it looks so much better. Paul, try an advanced search for "remote stalk" "stereo stalk" etc, theres loads of stuff but never a conclusive remedy, also worth checking mondeo.org.

Two to be going on with, by "Arkady". Remember him?
https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/885-Remote-Stereo-Stalk?highlight=remote+stereo+stalk

https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/456-Remote-Stereo-Controller?highlight=remote+stereo+controller

Last edited:
There not bad to fit , its just a shame that someone butchered the loom , when you get your head unit out it wont take you long to work it out , if i wasnt working tomorrow i would have offered a little help if needed but i carnt lol , if you get really stuck give me a bell and i will see if i can help in anyway mate

You are lucky Paul as you have the 'missing link' that most of these kits dont have when they come up on Ebay.

The 'missing link' is the grey socket and wires leading to the black and yellow plugs.

The yellow plug replaces a black one you should have already in your HU with a grey/white wire (the tail in the yellow one) in it. Take the grey/white wire from your plug and put it where the tail is in the yellow one.
As well as the grey/white wire(pin 1) there might be a blue wire in your original small black plug; if so this needs to go in pin 4 of the yellow plug.

The larger black plug has one extra wire in it, compared to the one in your HU, at pin 7. The Cougar one doesn't have the thinner of the two yellow/green wires so you need to remove that wire from the Mondy plug and put it in the empty socket in your plug.

The yellow/purple wire needs to be spliced to the green/yellow wire at pin 3 in the Cats black plug.

HTH and have fun.

Last edited:
Well all done and I couldn't have done it without Quicksilvers words above.

After having done it however, I can say to anyone thinking of doing it not to bother!!
The "stalk" is so far behind the wheel and also angled away from the driver, that you have to stretch (for want of a better word) your fingers to just about reach it!
Million times easier to just use the HU........doh!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take some photos later today so you can see what I mean.

As is always the way mate, its like most of the head-units i've had have come with remote control (IR) whats the point when your sitting so close to the stereo anyway? (only time I use mine is at shows so I don't go deaf turning the volume up)

The "stalk" is so far behind the wheel and also angled away from the driver, that you have to stretch (for want of a better word) your fingers to just about reach it!
You just need to get used to where it is Paul.
Now when I get in the other cat (without the stalk) it's really annoying to take my left hand off the steering wheel. :LOL:

Paul you must have extremely short fingers :) I never had any trouble at all with mine, but maybe my fingers are a bit longer on that hand after decades of trying to play the guitar :LOL: