And so it Begins

Trev

Active user
Apr 19, 2009
Aldershot
I can't help it, I just have to change things :yesnod:
Here are a few piccies of the new wheels.
And my car (of course)
Orange side repeaters were First to go :wink5:
Can't wait to get the rear spoiler sprayed up and fitted (y)
Cougar004.jpg

Cougar001.jpg

Cougar002.jpg

Cougar003.jpg

Cougar006.jpg

Cougar007.jpg

Cougar011.jpg

Cougar012.jpg

Nice start Trev - looking good. Will look even better with the spoiler on. What's after that mate? :D
I did say i would leave it fairly standard, But i can't help it, i start "twitching" and get a "nervous tick" if i am not "modifying" (y)
Once the spoiler is fitted it will need side skirts to look the part
and then the single exhaust doesn't look quite right, I think it needs
twin pipes out the back like a Blueflame system :D, but if it has one of those i might just aswell put a PiperCross induction kit on it to get the full benefit.
Front end will then need something to make that look a bit more aggresive
aswell.
I don't really want to lower it or stiffen it up, It handles fine and is comfortable, so i am happy with that the way it is :D

I did say i would leave it fairly standard, But i can't help it, i start "twitching" and get a "nervous tick" if i am not "modifying" (y)
I don't really want to lower it or stiffen it up, It handles fine and is comfortable, so i am happy with that the way it is :D

Thats what it's all about, if we were to all like the same ideas all the cougars would look boring, but being in this great club you get to see different ideas. (y)

Is it my imagination, or have you got a spot of the ol' tinworm at the bottom of that door in pic #1?
Yep 2 spots :mad: But as soon as i get some paint for the spoiler and some
decent weather it will be cut out, treated and sorted. or if it is too bad
i shall get another door for it (y)

wasn't the doors or just the lower part galvanized on all cougars.

Anti-Corrosion:24-stage paint and body protection process, including pre-coating with zinc for all exterior panels, optimised phosphate spray coat, electrocoat filler/surfacer, wet-on-wet enamel topcoat, comprehensive wax injection of cavities, PVC and wax underbody coating plus stone chip protection. Particular attention paid to sealing flanges with rust-inhibiting adhesive and thick PVC sealing beads. Front plastic wheelarch liners, rear textile wheelarch liners, anti-scuff strips on inner door sills and rear load sill.

Rust is like a cancer... If your gonna get it, it's hard to prevent it :yikes:

ive got the oem spoiler and its great for judging when reversing,as my bumper has the marks to prove it before it was fitted lol

Looking great Trev - liking those alloys too - really sets the Coug off. Nice to see also that you keep your hedges nicely trimmed..lol