Another New One !

Graham

Club Member
Sep 10, 2020
Paignton
Hi there,
Last year, thought about getting a Probe or a Cougar to while away the time with. Saw the Cougar for sale near Salisbury so me and the wife took a ride to see it. She fell in love with it before I did. Looked in good nick so decided to take a chance. Glad I did, it’s a great car. Looking through the MOT history it looks like it was off the road for a while and a previous owner has done a good job in restoring it, certainly a respray. I did wonder if the Forum knows of it already.
S356WVW
It’s a Silver V6 and has the X Pack features….. leather heated seats, heated window, 6CD changer.
Joy of joys, it passed its MOT this week.
I have been trying to find its history. It was originally sold by Hooleys in Nottingham back in December 98, but if anyone knows any more that would be great.

Reactions: LLC02 and nvingo
Hello Graham and welcome to the forum.
Good to hear you and your wife are enjoying your acquisition and it sounds like it's very tidy.
Unfortunately that reg. no. doesn't appear in our list so I'm afraid I can't enlighten you further about it's history.

Welcome to the fold Graham. I hope you and your wife will have many years of trouble free motoring in your new toy. If you do run in to any issues, you are in the right place. If its not already documented and easy to find, someone will always help you and point you in the right direction. Finding spares is always easier and cheaper too...

Best regards - Noel aka Foobar ( Norfolk )

Thank you guys.
All seems good with the car so far apart from one strange fault with the heater. I usually have it set to Lo, but sometimes when I start up, it reads Lo but the heater is on full heat and you can’t change it….. until you start the car and it’s ok again. Any help would be appreciated.
Just wondered if there are any other members down here I’m the Devon area

Cheers

I don’t think I explained the heater problem very well. Sometimes I start the car and the heater is on Lo, the temperature is cold and you can press the buttons to change the temperature. Other times, I start the car, the heater is set to Lo but the heat is on full hot and whatever you change the display to it stays full hot. The next time I start the car it could be the same or it could be ok. Bit of a mystery

Graham, it sounds like you have a dodgy flap motor, which is quite a common problem. There is a very detailed description of how to clean and/or replace a flap motor in the How-To sections accessible to fully subscribed members.
To answer a previous question; we do have a couple of members in Devon, at least one in Cornwall and three or four in the Bournemouth, Poole and Southampton area. (y)

As Andy says, sounds like a sticky flap motor. I've come across a couple of dodgy ones. Easily overhauled, but a bit like pulling a clock apart ! Check the How-To section for full step by step info...

Thank you both for the info. Will have a look at the section 👍🏻

I’ll look out for the other members on my travels 😃

Welcome to the group, im local to where you got the car and i not seen it before
Hi, thank you. It was for sale at Town & Country Cars, South Newton. I don’t know how long it had been there, but I think the previous owner was down in Cornwall somewhere.
Post automatically merged:

Here’s a picture of it 😊F7931729-D5D6-4BF6-BFCC-B3DCED92FFE6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: