Back in black

zer0

Active user
Mar 28, 2010
Bury
So, ive been singing of my favourite songs all day today :LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqrlH70nqI0

The reason being the cats black again... ive spent the last 3 days detailing her.
When I first got her there was mould growing on the paintwork and mould in the interior plus all the usuall swirls, scratches etc that you would associate with an 11 year old car:

94109350.jpg

Tailgate handle even T cut wouldnt sort 40226855.jpg

after (thats a reflection of telphone mast,not a scratch)14488313.jpg

76387841.jpg

lol? 35095917.jpg

Ill let the pics tell the story :

thanks :) im having technical difficulties uploading lol ive just gave up and put direct links instead o_O

can see pics now, tried to edit my last post but the system wouldnt let me..... looks like you're not the only one having problems, anyway......

very nice, ebony really is the best colour for a Cat (y)

very very nice. I am going to have a go at giving cat2 a good going over prior to Harewood. I won't quite see the benefit as you have with an ebony car, but i do want to learn to do this.

very very nice. I am going to have a go at giving cat2 a good going over prior to Harewood. I won't quite see the benefit as you have with an ebony car, but i do want to learn to do this.

give yourself plenty of time mate, oh and its murder for the back lol

Respect for the pro's who do it every day.... I didnt realise how hard it was

Some serious hard graft gone into that Terry I know how dirty the car was top job(y) you fancy having a crack at agreen one next:angel:

Some serious hard graft gone into that Terry I know how dirty the car was top job(y) you fancy having a crack at agreen one next:angel:

lol, cheers Mark, just got the dent man coming weds (£80) to remove the nasties and shes sweet, and with the mafia having put the mechanical side to rights (shes running like a bat out of hell) :devilish:.. im really, really happy with her (y)

The car has always had potential and I must say it has fully fulfilled it. With a bit of time and effort

wow!

What products/ equipment did you use to clean it?

Thanks mate, first I rinsed,foamed then washed. Then went over the car with a clay bar and then dried..... next I used a das 6 polisher with a lake country cutting pad (thanks Paul/shagmonkey for the tip) with menzerna power gloss polish, menzerna power finish with a menzerna medium pad, then auto glym super resin polish on a menzerna finishing pad, then 2 coats of colinite 476s wax... and that was just the outside lol

@ mofo sob, Thanks mate, im literally next to motorway off m66 junction 2... if you are about let me know and ill put the kettle on (y)