Before & After

Lowering springs were SPAX all round. I chose these as they lower the rear more than the front to get rid of the "face down arse up" look that most Cougars have. Makes the car level all round.
Window tints were legal limit on the front sides, and the next one down for the quarter lights and rear screen. Done by a place in London for £150 but it was so long ago I can't remember their name.
Cat022.jpg

Interior8.jpg

Cat030.jpg

Lowering springs were SPAX all round. I chose these as they lower the rear more than the front to get rid of the "face down arse up" look that most Cougars have. Makes the car level all round. Is it not the other way round mate? Tiggernick's is lowered 35mm all round on 18s, but the wheelarch gaps look ever so slightly wider at the front than the back. I know Spax do a kit that lowers 40mm at the front and 20mm at the back, but I was slightly worried that a 40mm drop at the front might cause rubbing on the 18s. That said, it's only 5mm more than Nick's and there looks to be enough room left for that.

Cat030.jpg

I see your Cat had the dreaded 'orange peely bootlid'. Both of my Cats have had this, is it possible to polish it out with enough elbow grease (and appropriate cleaning products obviously! :LOL:) or is the only way round it a strip down and quality respray?

I wish i'd taken some pics of my Cat as standard but here's some after i'd fitted the Alloys and rear spoiler.

Pre dual exit
MYCOUGAR007.jpg

Powerflow ovals and Al's infill. Al's brake light mod & bigger Mercury badge
SunnyPics021.jpg

Pre lowered. Just look at that gap :yikes:
MYCOUGAR018.jpg

MYCOUGAR002.jpg

An Apex 35mm drop later. Oh ....and not forgetting the Scoop too. Oh yeah...and Dave's sidelight mod as well
2.jpg

SunnyPics006.jpg

Empty rear window
MYCOUGAR009.jpg

Filled with one of Al's perfect vinyls (y)
WindowSticker005.jpg

Pre Racebits induction kit
NoEGRValve001.jpg

After
Kit2004.jpg

HID'S and cold air feed pipe (pre lowered pic)
DippedBeamH76000K.jpg

seeing all these lowered cars i am now slightly confused, I have not fitted my lowering springs yet but my car looks as low as the cars that have already been lowered

Mate, what size tyres you running? Even when I had the 55 profile tyres on my standard alloys there was still a huge gap. I don't understand how yours is sitting lower prior to any lowering kit/springs??? Maybe because you have a bodykit on - it looks lower??? With my new 17's running 215/45/17 tyres, on full lock under load my tyres just nudge the inner wheel arch. What lowering kit you putting on yours? mine was only 30mm.

I've just had a look at your garage and yeh, your right it does look low - I wonder if the weight from the bodykit and the exhaust system has helped?? Looking at it, all that needs lowering is the front as think the back is low enough IMAO.

well heres mine, been busy of late, when i originally got it was totally std, then started by buying scotts from nottingham when mine was in a smash:cry:, but had to have it back, so transferred a few of scotts mods to mine, (hence 2 regs) and front panels etc, so these are first pics,

std alloys,
2009-07-30183149.jpg

spoiler
2009-07-30183127.jpg

2009-07-30183210.jpg

then got taste for modding, so these were xferred to my orig cougar,
as it was in the yard for repair after buying back at auction,
2009-08-21162130.jpg

then got to work with light covers and spoiler xferred over,
IMAG0008.jpg

before lowering
IMAG0007.jpg

kept dotz alloys rather than oem, twin blueflame exhaust and lowered now,

S1050999.jpg

S1050997-1.jpg

seat badges
IMAG0043.jpg

still a work in progress, almost finished install amp and sub, tiny compared to kullys and jjs,lol, also dvd player, (y)
also still need to get exhaust sorted, this was originallys pauls from teeside , would like to get tips sat back in a touch and then one of als infills, to finish the rear off

Last edited:
Looking brilliant there dar(y), wow, you've certainly put a lot of hard work into the 'ol gal mate, but she's looking tip top.;)
Loving the rims & spoiler, which spoiler is that one btw?
Didja sell the tinted rear light covers?

Looking brilliant there dar(y), wow, you've certainly put a lot of hard work into the 'ol gal mate, but she's looking tip top.;)
Loving the rims & spoiler, which spoiler is that one btw?
Didja sell the tinted rear light covers?
not sure , scott had it when i got his car, al and bobster have seen it/may be able to shed some light, and yes lights were painted internally , rather than covers, i think casscougar got them , iirc, had bits foing off everywhere when i was breaking other cat, lol

not sure , scott had it when i got his car, al and bobster have seen it/may be able to shed some light, and yes lights were painted internally , rather than covers, i think casscougar got them , iirc, had bits foing off everywhere when i was breaking other cat, lol

The spoiler is the C2 version of the ford oem . Very few in existense, this one was taken from Flamencoassassin's cat at cougarfest a couple of years ago when we swapped it for his Roush one.
Scott was originally going to get me to respray it for him, but never got around to it.

I can't actually find a pic of cat 1 prior to the modding starting so, here is a potted history

1) Seat belt pads

Picture070.jpg

Black c1 wheels

Picture076.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Scuff plates and mats

Picture122.jpg

HIDS'

DSCF1230.jpg

sidelights

DSCF1269.jpg

racebits induction kit and optimized throttle body
DSCF1265.jpg

Boot badge

DSCF1247.jpg

CAT 2

DSCF1299.jpg

Racebits induction kit and optimized throttle body

DSCF1313.jpg

Scuff plates

DSCF1311.jpg

Smokey side repeaters and side decal

DSCF1335.jpg

DSCF1337.jpg

Brake decal

DSCF1343.jpg

looking good si, :) like the sill covers but with GB on dials , couldnt stretch to these, have to wait till later GB:oops:

my new toy

Here are some pics of my cougar, things are already changing, have some new wheels / rear spoiler to fit, ordered a few other bits and bobs for the interior, now spent more on bits than I did buying the car LOL
Will post more pics as i get things fitted

Attachments

• !BnYnZ)g!2k~$(KGrH.jpg
    !BnYnZ)g!2k~$(KGrH.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 18
  • !BnYp9,QBGk~$(KGrH&.jpg
    !BnYp9,QBGk~$(KGrH&.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 20
  • !BnYpR6gBmk~$(KGr&#72.jpg
    !BnYpR6gBmk~$(KGr&#72.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 18
  • !BnYoqDgBWk~$(KGr&#72.jpg
    !BnYoqDgBWk~$(KGr&#72.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 21
Hey Si, I like your wife's description on "Pistonheads" advert "Custom one off wheels"..... aren't they just standard C1 alloys painted black??? lol...that made me laugh when I read that - good luck with the sale - there are quite a few on Pistonheads.