Black alloys

Everton

Club Member
Oct 10, 2009
Liverpool
Right I've been looking for a new set of alloys for a while and I think I've settled on a set of 18" Team Dynamics Monza R in black (the same as Mofo's I think just in black). I'm liking them and amd close to splashing the cash. Here's a mockup -thoughts? (y)

Monza R Black.jpg

Yeh, quite liking them John, but think it would look better if the car was lowered a bit, as would close up the gap and make it look a lot better IMAO lol

Cheers Tim, yes lowering is on my 'To do' list. Get my exhaust sorted and replace my knackered alloys comes first though (although I'll be keeping the old set for winter use as don't want to wreck my nice black alloys in the snow and salt) (y)

Well I'm obviously going to say that they look the dog's aren't I John :LOL:. I much prefer the multi spoke look on the cat but don't you think that gold would look better :devilish:

As for lowering - if you go for the 18s with a bit of sidewall on you might not need to. Personally I'd go for the 17s and with the money you save over 18s you could probably afford to lower her out of the change (y)

love the wheels john.

I have the same issue with my coug, i have some lovely wheels waiting to go on, but not until the car has been lowered.

Personally, I'm not sure about the black wheels on a green car. I love the design of the wheels, but to my eye silver would look better.

Personally, I'm not sure about the black wheels on a green car. I love the design of the wheels, but to my eye silver would look better.

A bit like this then - FYI John - Outlaw Magnums which are quite similar to the Monzas

nucougar011.jpg

Or Momo Corse Ten-S, if you want black with silver facing spokes, been keeping an eye out for those on fleabay, myself for a while.(y)
L_4268.jpg

TBH I think they look ok (not saying i'm biased by any way or form) black alloys is the new thing now, gives the car that racer look (I even passed an M6 the other day in silver with black alloys, and there is a white jag in the showroom near me with black alloys)

Go for it mate

It's a look I always thought I'd hate, until 3 weeks ago when I saw the Jag XKR in white with black alloys, and fell in love.

jaguar__xkr_speed__2010__018_530.jpg

It looks so much better in the flesh. The paint work is just so lovely and without any chrome these cars are just sex on 4 black wheels.

Matt, it's called the "Black Pack" and you have to get the "Speed Pack" with it too. The latter is the bodykit and the electronic limiter raised to 170something mph, and the black pack adds the wheels and changes the chrome to gloss black.

Where's you're nearest Jag dealer Alan? Go have a look in person! In truth I don't think it's a look that would work on many cars, but the above (since Matt mentioned it) is one case where it really does!

Where's you're nearest Jag dealer Alan? Go have a look in person! In truth I don't think it's a look that would work on many cars, but the above (since Matt mentioned it) is one case where it really does!

Not sure Jamie, Chesterfield i think, about 18miles away . I do like the Jag, but i thinks it's my old school influence of chrome and bright metal coming out. I think i mentioned my thoughts in an earlier post regarding black steel rims from childhood :)

Oh and to see a white Jag is always a treat indeed (y)

I did toy with the idea of black and also gold but Iain stole my thunder on that one!. Now they are on my car I'm happy with my choice .