Black Roush (in need of a wash tho!!)

T

tom_the_paddy

thought i'd FINALLY get around to putting up a few pics of my cat with her Roush Kit fitted...

she's very dirty tho and in bad need of a wash, hopefully i'll get 20mins tonight at work and clean her up...

rousch03.jpg

rousch06.jpg

rousch02.jpg

rousch01.jpg

rousch05.jpg

Looks stunning mate :D

Can't wait to get mine fitted now!! 8)

here's the difference between when i just bought it and now :)

Cougar2.jpg

rousch03.jpg

M44TY O said:
Looks good tom, do u have an exhause on at the mo? or just running the OEM setup?

just the standard exhast right now, tho i am needing to do something with it as the tailpipe is blowing out onto the rear valance of the kit.. i was thinking on trying to find someone that could replace the tailpipe with a custom one (needs bending about 8" into the centreline of the car) but i'm not sure if either a) it's possible and b) the bend radius required would be detremental to the flow of exhaust gases.....

where's jamie when u need some expert advice??? lol

tom_the_paddy said:
M44TY O said:
Looks good tom, do u have an exhause on at the mo? or just running the OEM setup?

just the standard exhast right now, tho i am needing to do something with it as the tailpipe is blowing out onto the rear valance of the kit.. i was thinking on trying to find someone that could replace the tailpipe with a custom one (needs bending about 8" into the centreline of the car) but i'm not sure if either a) it's possible and b) the bend radius required would be detremental to the flow of exhaust gases.....
It should be fine as this is how the Roush tips work with a 90 degree angle to adapt the standard exhaust so they fit.

Does the exhaust get in the way at all? as i still have my oem exhaust on and have some of the kit too.

rousch04.jpg

here u can see the exhaust tip just sitting behind the corner of the valance.. will the roush exhaust tips cure this problem??

Yeah the Roush tips and bends would sort that Tom. The bends are more like 40deg though, so wouldn't hurt it.

You get 2 in a set so you can either cut a hole in your left hand back box to make it noisier and live, or just weld it the left one on as a dummy, or of course just leave the left tip off if you prefer :wink:

I think my kit's going very shortly. Shame - I still love the look :(

Hmm I don't think they were quite that big Alan, but the shiney tips themselves were 3.5" round and they reduce at the front to sleeve the bends. Maybe about 2.75~3"???

Not meaning to get all pedantic, as it sounds like you have the bits you think you have - more just for confirmation. They might have been galvanised, but it's a while since I saw mine so I could just be making that last bit up :LOL:

They're the fellows.

:LOL: :LOL: Matt thought they were the actual tips, and sent the first collector away with those before phoning me to tell me they were crap quality. Then he found the tips in another box :LOL: :LOL:

Pid_16V said:
Now you mention it Jamie, i think they are galvanised, i'll go and check :?

Edited:

Found them, they are galvanised and 2.5" diameter

exhausttips.jpg

alan.. do u have a set of tips aswell?? and if so, would u be willing to part with them both???????