Buying a 2.5 v6 auto high milage thou!!

M

medeano

Hi to all i am wondering if you guys could give me a little advise please, ive been offered a 2.5 v6 auto by my brother in law who's just brought the car.
He has replaced the water pump and also the radiator and is going to put 2 new front tyres on it.

Ive never owned one nor driven one but the reviews ive been reading sound pretty good, my only problem is the car is high milage about 145k T-Reg i believe, ive started the car and the roar sounds just real sexy but would i be buying a lemon buying one with this kinda milage, i know nothing about these cars but just love the look and the sound, i am not a boy racer at 41 :LOL: but even the wife loves the look.

Any advice would be greatly apprciated
Many thanks kind regards

Dean (y)

Hi Dean and welcome to the forum. 145K doesn't mean much by itself. If the cat has been well looked after she will have plenty more miles left in her. You are certainly in the best place here if you do have any problems and one of our top ( if not a little dangerous :yikes:) members - Phil Robbo - lives down your way.

That V6 roar certainly is addictive isn't it - enjoy :D

Hello and welcome, If the car has been looked after and regular services etc, then even at 140,000 it should be fine.. I am sure others on here with more experience will advise you more soon...

Wow thanks guys for some fast replys, i am gonna speak to my brother in law tonight to see if he has any history on the car and service history, shame thou he lives in Birmingham and iam in Lincolnshire...lol
Needs a little tidy and valet but as long as the engine is sweet, he wants £900 for it

Its the same colour blue as your on add_issan so its even the colour i like...

Dean

If it hasn't got FSH, given the age and the mileage, I think that you should haggle him down a bit. There are some newer, lower mileage ones out there for that sort of money (sad, I know :frown2:) but I would offer him £700 and settle on 8 if he won't have it :LOL:.

I'll talk to him tonight and i know he's always skint so specialy this time of year i'll push for less money and like you say if he doesn't wanna budge there are others for sale with less milage it also has a few scratches as well....

hi and welcome 145k is not alot on the v6 like mofo said i,d offer £700 and not budge much above that paid £750 for my blue one with 100k on clock on a t plate (y)(y)

Iam thinking twice..... high milage, and there are a few scratchs on the N/S def needs a valet Hmmmmmmmmmmmm its got me thinking now.
I just feel in love with the blue colour and the roar.....lol

I'll ask him about the service history and if he'll take £700 if not think i'll walk away and perhaps someone on here may have a blue one for sale and even better if its not an auto

Thanks alot Dean

if you get one before 31st jan come aolng to donnington meet catedwards is coming from horncastle and phil robbo maybe from lincoln (y)(y)(y)

where abouts in Lincolnshire are you?

Like others have said, pid_16v (alan) is currently selling a black w reg (xpack with leather etc) v6 with 104k on the clock and the sort of money you are talking about will get you the car i would think. Drop him a private message, although he is busy getting drunk tonight so it will be tomorrow he gets back to you.

He is one of the most trusted members on here.

where abouts in Lincolnshire are you?

Like others have said, pid_16v (alan) is currently selling a black w reg (xpack with leather etc) v6 with 104k on the clock and the sort of money you are talking about will get you the car i would think. Drop him a private message, although he is busy getting drunk tonight so it will be tomorrow he gets back to you.

He is one of the most trusted members on here.

He's The Daddy!

i Live in Boston Lincolnshire so not to far away from pid_16v (alan) who i think is in lincoln

As menioned high mileage isn't too much of an issue if it's been looked after. Mines on nearly 160,000 now. Was father then son owner with full history when i bought it 4 years ago. Only done 10000 miles in those 4 years and apart from routine stuff oil changes, couple of tyres, brake discs/pads etc it's only needed hand brake cables and a rear hub assembly :smile5:

as rick says i wouldn,t panic over the mileage its the service history thats important if i had a choice of a v6 with 50,ooo miles on the clock and no history and a v6 with 150,ooo with a serviice every 10,000 at a ford dealer guess which one most of us would buy:idea::idea: