C1 Front Grill

mmikey82

Well-known user
Jul 17, 2009
manchester
Never been happy with the front grills on my cougar so i decided to have a play--
a couple of weeks ago i transformed this into my top grill and to be honest i like it
ABCD0012.jpg

then today i changed one of the shelves off this into my bottom grill
ABCD0013.jpg

but im not sure it has worked heres the pics what do you think ?
ABCD0001-1.jpg

ABCD0015.jpg

ABCD0002-1.jpg

i know this is an old thread but COULD YOU TELL ME HOW PLEASE.... it reminds me of an ST grille and i would like to do the mod myself. is it just lying on top of the oe grille or is that the only part now..... P.S. IT LOOKS STUNNING

i know this is an old thread but COULD YOU TELL ME HOW PLEASE.... it reminds me of an ST grille and i would like to do the mod myself. is it just lying on top of the oe grille or is that the only part now..... P.S. IT LOOKS STUNNING
for the top grill i cut out all the criss cross bits and then replaced it with the grey mesh but i didnt cut a couple of supports that hold the badge in place.
the bottom grill is just the original wrapped in the black mesh

That looks really great dude.....

I just want to make mine plain black by removing the Ford badge but there would obviously be a hole lol

Lookin real nice there bud!

Love the DIY imagination of making something different on the Cat out of something lying around at home.

Nice Work!!

well here we go again , i decided to compleatly de-badge the front of the car and change the grills again.
heres a couple of pics of the end result
2011_0103ebay0004.jpg

2011_0103ebay0002.jpg

i think the stainless goes quite well with the black

how to you attach the mesh for the bottom part of this mod (the bit between the fog lights)?

Cat3 needs something in that area so I would be interested to know

Looking Good Mike.(y)
Where did you get the mesh from as the stuff I used has started to rust and could do with being renewed.

Looking Good Mike.(y)
Where did you get the mesh from as the stuff I used has started to rust and could do with being renewed.

believe it or not Halfords,it actually worked out cheaper than ebay and its proper stainless so shouldnt rust--£29.99 for a 300mm x 900mm sheet and thats enough to do all three grills if you are careful