Review: 5/5 Catfabs rear strut brace

scunnycougar

Well-known user
Jun 3, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Fixed rear strut brace, standard fitment for zetec and V6.

Good points - without doubt the best pound for pound performance modification you can have on the Ford Cougar.

Changes the handling of the car no end.

Bad points - erm, well, er - there aren't any.

Available in stainless, primer or painted to spec (prices vary a little) the product is of the finest quality and the pricing is really good.

The seller (catfabs/dogsbody) is also the producer, and a lot of hard work has clearly gone into the product, and fitting can often be arranged, although it is fairly simple all things considered.
It's an incredible bit of kit - to the degree I would say it is essential.

Price: This does vary depending on spec. I believe mine was £40

Purchased from catfabs

Quality: 5/5

Value: 5/5

Overall 5/5

I will 2nd what SI has said and add that I also think this is the best pound for pound upgrade you will ever do to your car. You would be a fool not to have one of these fitted to your car. It makes the whole car feel safer when corning at speed.

I'll third that sentiment, it made a very loose back end feel more planted, the back end actually follows the front round corners, where as before it felt disconnected

Can only agree with the above. I fitted mine this evening and noticed the difference immediately after getting in the car.

I haven't had chance to test it at any real speed but even at 40mph the difference is noticeable.

Fitting was easy. If you're considering one of these.. don't delay... order today! You won't regret it.

Who would have thought a metal bar between the two rear struts would make such a difference?

:D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk