Change of car

tim16s

Well-known user
Mar 13, 2008
France
Well I hav'nt been on for a while so a hello again, work as been such that I have been home late but I have looked in from time to time.

Well last week-end I took delivery of another car after selling the Cougar. The Toyo proxes R888 that I had fitted were not going to be suitable for the winter:(, so after 2 and a half years of fun I decided to let the cougar go.

Got a good deal at a garage near Angers (France) on another car which is a 2006 Jaguar Xtype 2.2 Executive Estate in black (pictures to follow as the weather is pants at the moment).

Tim

Attachments

• Jaguar_XType 073.jpg
    Jaguar_XType 073.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Jaguar_XType 076.jpg
    Jaguar_XType 076.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 26
  • Jaguar_XType 077.jpg
    Jaguar_XType 077.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Jaguar_XType 078.jpg
    Jaguar_XType 078.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Jaguar_XType 083.jpg
    Jaguar_XType 083.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I have a couple of mates who have jag estates one is a 2.5 petrol and the other is a 2.0 litre diesel, both of them have had trouble free motoring, and wouldn't buy anything else. and I have been in both cars and the build quality is fantastic.

i see they have changed the registration style there tim as i remember it used to have the department numbers on the plate

i see they have changed the registration style there tim as i remember it used to have the department numbers on the plate

They still do but the region number is'nt part of the registration like i'm in the deux sevres 79 but bought the car in 49 region. No need to pay extra for new number plates.

he had an X-type saloon before, the 2.5 if i'm not wrong, think he had a hanckering for the estate but wanted the 4x4 and they stopped making them so they are rare as hens teeth

Thats why I jumped in and bought this one made from around 2004 until 2008/9 and production has been stopped due to lack of sales.

Hi Tim,

Matt is right. I had a 2004 2.5 saloon. It was the Spirit model with the factory bodykit on it. It didn't have the folding rear seats, it didn't have the Bluetooth phone pack, and I really wished I'd just gone the whole hog and bought the 3.0 engine too.

I later saw the S-Type with the 3.0, bluetooth, folding rear seats and much lower miles so swapped over.

My X-Type was pretty handy in the snow, although the S-Type is still surprisingly useful. Last winter the 2 girls I lift shared with to work came with me the whole time because their cars (Audi A3 and VW Beetle) were completely useless. It's significantly better in the snow than the Rover turbo too, which was similarly useless (the diesel is good though... must be that Torsen LSD making the turbo ****)

Mark is right too; the V6 engines are Ford Duratec blocks, crankshafts, conrods and pistons :) The Mondeo ST220 got the exhaust headers back from the Jaguar version of the engine though. The cylinder heads upwards are pretty much unrecognisable but the basic DNA is there :)