Changed my calipers to red

• Thread starter v6_cougar_london
  • Start date
V

v6_cougar_london

Hey guys,

Ever since I put the black wheels on my calipers were invisible. I painted them black when I had standard wheels and it looked really nice with them. But I haven't been happy with them since.

Anyway yesterday I decided to change them to red. They came up superb 8)
DSCF012411.jpg

DSCF012412.jpg

DSCF012413.jpg

DSCF012414.jpg

DSCF012415.jpg

Here is before when they wer black and invisible :? :LOL:
DSCF0124.jpg

When I was doing them I wasn't to sure if I liked it, but since they have dried I am really pleased :D

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with them, they stand out really nicely now :D

Glad you like :smile5: Yellow is also nice but tough to keep clean.

Was that the Foliatec kit or good ol' hammerite? I want to get mine done, but not sure how good hammerite will be and how long it'll last

My moms boyfriend has Hammerite on his Jag so it should be fine mate.
Looks nice too :D

I just used the out the tin halfords caliper paint, worked fine for me and the look miles better then the rust effect!!

The foliatec kit was fantastic. It came with a brake cleaning spray which gets rid of all that brake dust and rust really easily. You can clean and grease and finger prints off your discs with it when you are done aswell....

I would recommend this kit, seems like top quality stuff to me... :smile5:

Was that the Foliatec kit or good ol' hammerite? I want to get mine done, but not sure how good hammerite will be and how long it'll last

I'd recommend hammerite smooth too. I painted mine over a year ago.
I only did the one coat but it still looks good but I do have the odd stone chip now.
It goes off really quick (under an hour I think), a lot less hassle, expense and drying time than those caliper kits. Just wire brush off the dirt and rust before you paint. (y)

Excellent! I'll go to Halfrauds and compare prices, though it will probably come down to end of month budget...

Halfords charge ?ú9.99 for a tin of red Hammerite, enough to do 3 coats on 4 calipers
& still have enough left to do another 4 cars!! (Thats 60 coats) (y)

Foliatec kit is about 25 quid, and you do have to leave the car overnight to dry. But I'm convinsed you can't get much better finish then this gives :wink5: So it just depends on whether you want to spend abit more time and money pal :smile5:

Foliatec kit is about 25 quid, and you do have to leave the car overnight to dry. But I'm convinsed you can't get much better finish then this gives :wink5: So it just depends on whether you want to spend abit more time and money pal :smile5:
Choices, choices, every day we're faced with choices, :smile5:
I've got to be honest here, I expect the Foliatec is a better product as it's made
for that purpose, when I did mine I was told they would need doing again
every 12 months, well 20 months down the line & they still look OK, I'll re-do them
next spring ready for the 2009 season.

BTW. I had to leave mine for 24 hours between coats as well, (that's what it said on the tin)

As mentioned via PM mate they look ace. If only changing the colour was as simple as using the Fill command in Photoshop eh?

And that 4th pic soooo looks like KITT!

As mentioned via PM mate they look ace. If only changing the colour was as simple as using the Fill command in Photoshop eh?

And that 4th pic soooo looks like KITT!

Thanks Christian glad you like it :smile5: I think the S should have some treatment on its calipers aswell, it would be rude not to :wink5:

Kitt doesn't have nothing on Phoenix :wink5::LOL::LOL: