Changes to subscription prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
From the 1st of August to cover the increasing costs of keeping the site running the subscription cost will increase to £18 per annum ( which works out to £1.50 a month or 35 pence a week whichever you prefer) this is to cover the cost of the increased bandwidth and maintaining the site which is taking more effort and time since changing to a very glitchy new software (this was forced upon us as most of you know when we tried to renew the subscription to the forum software) also remember that paypal takes a fee from this £18.

I hope you all still think the information and help we can offer is worth the small increase and please remember no one takes a wage from ukcougar.com it is all done in our spare time so I hope the effort all of the admin and moderator team will continue to be appreciated.

Thanks
JJ

Thanks guys we have delayed it for as long as possible but it has had to be done nice to know we have the support.

JJ

Thanks guys we have delayed it for as long as possible but it has had to be done nice to know we have the support.

JJ

I'm sure I've already saved at least 10 years worth of subs on some of the advice I've got from here, and as Pid_16v has said it's worth it alone to be involved with a cracking set of people (y)

£18!!!!!!!!

I suppose I can go without 36 sessions with the high class Stevenage prossies lol

what can I do with the valuable minute I have just saved myself

I also agree, it's worth it.

However - and this isn't a criticism or complaint - how do other forums manage to operate without charging subs? I know some have adverts etc but there are adverts on here?

I emphasise that I'm not complaining or having a go etc etc. I actually think it makes the club more exclusive as you don't get any Tom, Dick or Harry on here as you do on other forums.

Chris most clubs that are specific model based do charge mini owners club rsoc etc usually it is the generic ones that do not, at a guess they do as we used to which is pay for it out of their own pocket a situation that we used to have however our bandwidth alone hits 60gb most months which is a lot to pay for!!.

JJ

I only joined a few days ago, and i've already had my money's worth, i'm in the building game, and don't know any mechanics or tech guys, so the advice and how to's on here are invaluable to me.

Totally agree with the Brickman, as a fairly new member myself. Great advice, great people, a great laugh and all for less than 6 pints!

I know the hippy is already subscribed and can ask any questions for me in the members area but after Cougarfest and seeing the work that goes in to organising / running things buy those who do it I decided that I would do my bit and pay some subs - you guys are worth every penny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.