Clay barred the Coug today....

WildV6

Well-known user
Feb 2, 2008
Devon, UK
Well, here she is after her very first clay barring - has come up quite well, even if I do say so myself! lol

ClayBarred001.jpg

ClayBarred002.jpg

ClayBarred004.jpg

ClayBarred005.jpg

ClayBarred007.jpg

ClayBarred011.jpg

Looking good matey ,very nice finish , did it take you long ?

Took me about an hour and a half to two hours, as went over it a few times, that was after I had washed it and leathered it off. It then got another wash after claying and then re-leathering and then finally a rub down with Meguiars polish. In all about 4 hours work - but worth it (y)

Fantastic work there matey!. I take it you will be sat outside for the foreseeable future with air rifle at the ready. B****y seagullls and pigeons.

Fantastic work there matey!. I take it you will be sat outside for the foreseeable future with air rifle at the ready. B****y seagullls and pigeons.

Absolutely mate, they sit on the edge of my roof and sh*t over the edge, straight onto my cars below...little b*st*rds! lol

Thats a crackin finish man! awsome! what did you use on it. need to get some. apart from alot of elbow grease? (y)

nice job tim want to do mine ? Lol

If you weren't so far away Paul..lol.. Actually I valet peoples cars on my days off - I do friends and work colleagues. I put up a post a couple of weeks ago showing some of the cars that I had done - and that was before I knew about Clay bar..lol... I normally charge £30 for a small/medium car (inside & outside done) and £40 for a larger car (both inside and outside done). I have another 2 or 3 people booked in within the coming months who want their cars done.

as a pro valter, how do you get the awkward bits of fluff out, you know, between the door and the seat? Do you physically rub the clay as it is on the car or do you use water with it? I have seen the results, and i like

as a pro valter, how do you get the awkward bits of fluff out, you know, between the door and the seat? Do you physically rub the clay as it is on the car or do you use water with it? I have seen the results, and i like

Are you talking about the sill area Si ? You can use the Clay bar with the application fluid where ever - giving perfect results. Before now I just use Meguiars spray polish and a couple of clean polishing cloths, one for applying the polish and the other for buffing it to a perfect shine.