Coming back to Cougars

Woo woo.. it's the mod police! Well it's the nature of internet message boards threads to go off topic init... altho I'd argue it is not really that far off topic as we're talking about what you like about the car and why you come back to it and how that compares to other cars. But OK, I'll leave it there and say thanks to stevenbSL3.

no not the mod police just doing whats asked of me,if you wish to talk about comparing cars there is nothing stopping you creating a thread to that effect

no not the mod police just doing whats asked of me,if you wish to talk about comparing cars there is nothing stopping you creating a thread to that effect

Ah the Gestapo defence... just following orders ;-)

Well I can do that but stevenbSL3 did post a lot of info on this thread so one of us is either going to have to cut n paste or he'll have to post it again, which would be a shame. I've noticed several other threads have gone off topic - as I say it is the nature of the beast - without mod comment...

i dont know what your problem is mate with the comments towards myself,i have not made one out of line comment about yourself and have no intention of doing so,i will put it politley if you dont like the mod police or the gestapo send a complaint to the admin

Comparing the forum mods to the Gestapo is said in jest i hope! Definately not a good comparison to make in your first few days in the forum.

It is the nature of the beast, forums do go off topic, but also note that most well organised forums have moderaters on hand to try and keep things on topic, if for no other reason but to keep it organised, which in turn actually aids the "search" function, cuts down on expensive banwidth usage.
As a "NEW OWNER" might i suggest you start a new thread, either in "garage talk" or "off topic"

Ah the Gestapo defence... just following orders ;-)

Well I can do that but stevenbSL3 did post a lot of info on this thread so one of us is either going to have to cut n paste or he'll have to post it again, which would be a shame. I've noticed several other threads have gone off topic - as I say it is the nature of the beast - without mod comment...
:stop:Mate, I'd only been a member here for a short while, when I was fortunate enough to find a mod donating a free set of lowering springs, in exchange for my standards & had 3 mods off this forum, give up an entire day to swap & fit everything for me.........for the price of a few butties.................hardly the hallmark of the Gestapo lol! :)

I'm sure there's prob some jest mixed in, but as a newcomer who is not known to us yet, your last coupla posts could easily be interperated as a tad abrasive towards Paul..........you may well find yourself needing a helping hand with your car sometime Bill.............you'll catch more flies with a bit of honey mate...............welcome to UKC.com btw.(y)

Guys, I'm sorry for getting a little off topic on this thread.
I was just trying to help out a fellow forum member as I'm sure you know and should have been more thoughtful of my posting but no harm done as such.
The replies are still here on this one so I can just carry on in the 'Off Topic' section.
Cheers all!

steven this is in no way directed at any individual it was just a reminder on the original topic of coming back to cougars,so there was no harm done what so ever.so no need for any apoligies mate

Ahh the joys of being a mod.

I moderate the biggest football site in scotland(20000 members) and you cannot please everyone,Anyway back to Cougars i cannot find anyone to buy my Alfa 156 so can't buy a Cat just now.

not to worry its still sitting in the drive lol,probably the rate i go at take me a few weeks before its ready anyway lol,and has the bairns got 20,000 fans lol(joking now)

Stop teasing me again,I am dropping the price of the Alfa to £1200 to try and shift it.Fantastic driving car but i want a Cat,Oh and Falkirk have only 2500 season ticket holders,lol.

lol well least your coming back to a cougar,what to do is send me a pm about your car and i will see if anyone i know is intrested,as following forum guidlines cant have any details about it on the forum

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to offend... it was a joke even if in poor taste. This is my second stint of membership so I know how some members can be very helpful to one another. If I can do the same, I will. Again apologies.