cougar but not a cougar?

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
whilst having a nosey on google for something cam across these rather intresting pics

97cougconcept2.jpg

97cougconcept3.jpg

iirc Paul, that was one of the early proptotypes. I'm glad it failed tbh, looks too much like the Shitron thats running about now, but it does show just how far ahead the design was. That front end has been directly transplanted onto that shitron.......der whatever its called.

actually its the mc2 concept car that was based on the cougars original design,as the cougar was already in production in 1998 the mc2 concept was made in 1999
reading into it more one site says the mc2 concept was made in 97 another 99

Last edited:
Yeah Ralph Lauren brought the original Cougar-S concept car for $1 million off ford IIRC

Some of the design cue's off the MC2 concept made it on to the C2 if you look, including the slated front grill and the slated infill (US Markets) the wheels are a similar designe to those fitted to the XR and ZN special editions in the states too. What you may not be able to see from the pic is the louvred glass roof!

I remember reading about the roof. Sounds funky. I have always wanted a car with like a panoramic room. Our family friend has a Porsche with a panoramic roof and its ace