Cougar exhaust (sound)

E

Essex Matt

Just found this video of my cougar - it shows the note of the exhaust from different perspectives (some people may remember it from a while back)

Best sounding car I have heard for a long while always liked it mate 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

p.whitelock said:
ginja said:
reminder to self: Must get some Twin tail-pipes, thats meaty Matt :wink: :LOL:

Gutted pre-cats remember too Matt.
No chance of a nice sound on the enviromentaly freindly exhaust i have, some one said the sound comes from the engine bay but not out the exhaust pipe :?: :roll: Quiet as a church mouse :wink:

Hi Essex Matt like your car. Could you tell me the make and model of this exhaust? How much did it set you back? Where did you get it from? I am very interested in getting one of these. I think it looks much better then the blueflame and appears to sound better too. Look forward to hearing from you...

Just being honet

To be honest i wasn't impressed at all and hardly noticed the difference..

Maybe it's because i'm used to hearing my own pipe for a while now and all i've had done is had the real silencer box...removed and the side it exits from changed to the left side.

I'll record it and post it here later this week and to be frank it knocks spots of that sound.

Hey this is not a competition " I HOPE" just expected to hear something a bit less ordinary mines sound like a big bore jap pipe but its not as i said.

Noting what was done i expected for the money you must have shelled out for that twin exit .. alot more for the money.

I may have got this thread all wrong maybe you wanted it to sound close to stock.. Just my opinion folks based on what i'm hearing.. and no i'm not using headphones.. ive got an Audigy Platiunim Pro 7.1 sound system in my PC that would blow your socks of with the base speaker at a quarter volume...

Was hoping for a something more is all i'm saying i guess.. I'm not tring to offend you Matt...just my opinion dude thats all.

Oh yea...

Oh yea.. i think your right... never noticed that before.. you supersluth...

I'll say it before anyone eles does.. it must be all the hot air... Bada boom
Ok now for my next trick....

I'll post a sample up on wednesday - tommorow and take the slagging i'm no doubt in for with my single exit pipe...
lol
:oops:

I think Matts car gurgles, mine has a sharper sportier note to it, I have just refitted the cat so it has gone a little deeper in tone again. I keep thinking about junking the centre box. Should make it sound like it wants to devour pedestrians! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look forward to hearing yours tomorrow! :D

Richb said:
I think Matts car gurgles, mine has a sharper sportier note to it, I have just refitted the cat so it has gone a little deeper in tone again. I keep thinking about junking the centre box. Should make it sound like it wants to devour pedestrians! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look forward to hearing yours tomorrow! :D
I wonder how many people kully has sucked up with his intakes :eek:

I like Matt's exhaust. Sounds very gutsy like proper V-blocks should. An exhaust shouldn't mask the engine's sound with a loud baseline, it should simply take the edge of the deafening racket it makes with plain exhaust stacks out of the ports 8)

Exaust sounds..heres mine

Original....Single pipe with rear silencer removed.

Standstill...

At 30mph

The point being of course that the sound of your pipe need not cost you a fortune...