• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2012 july 20/21/22/23

Well it has to be said guys this may be the first Fest I miss :( unless I get a significant improvement with my back I cannot sit in a car for that long or camp in a tent.

JJ

sorry to hear jj, cannot imagine you and bogey not being there, heres hoping there will be some improvement over nxt 11 days, (y)

My trailer is 6'8" internally x 3'10"! We'll throw some cushions down and you can lie down all the way to fest :LOL:

Hoping so, this will be the last outing for bogey this year before she has to be sorned and insurance cancelled so I'll be gutted if I'm not fit enough to make it.

JJ

I'm sorry I can't make it guys as its my stag w/e but I hope you all have an awsome time! I'm there in true cougar spirit :cool:

BO**OCKS - I'm going to have to pull out of this guys - got a bad infection in my 'good' leg which has not, thus far, responded to treatment so now on 4 times a day antibiotics and ordered to rest it up in an elevated position :oops:

The accident last year in which I smashed my left knee was freaky enough but this one takes the biscuit!!!

I was mowing the lawn a few days ago and got bitten by some savage little insect with multiple bits on both legs. Not a problem I though - WRONG!!

25 (yes 25!) years ago I mashed up my right leg and it had to be pinned and plated back together again and I have a big scar running up the inside of my leg from the ankle upwards. One of the bites that the little f**ker inflicted was bang in the middle of the scar. As the medics have now explained to me I have little or no blood flow through the scar tissue and, therefore, no defences to the insect bite - little sod.

They tried antiseptic dressings for a couple of days but the infection is still spreading and they are worried about it getting into the bone hence a 7 day bombardment of antibiotics and plenty of rest.

It will be the first 'Fest I have missed since I joined up way back in 2008 but, having recently been in a wheelchair and on crutches for 5 months, I am not going to be taking any chances with the other leg!!

Hopefully all will be OK for Ford Fair in 3 weeks - it better had be as I still need Alan to fit my bleedin sunstrip lol!!!!

That's not good!! And it's a real s***ter that you won't be at fest!!

We need to get a trophy for the most random and "only you" injuries trophy. You can buy it though as it will stay in your mantelpiece forever Pmsl :LOL:

Wish you a speedy recovery mate an take it easy.

That's really bad news Iain and i hope you get sorted very soon. The sunstrip is looking good mate, but if you aint got it stuck on your car at Ford Fair, i'm keeping it myself :LOL:. It's only an hour since i placed it ready to go into the car on Friday. Btw, hows the bad leg? :)

Bad news Iain. Rest up, take it easy, keep taking the drugs and fingers crossed you'll be fully recovered for Ford Fair. See you there. (y)

Don't mean to make you feel any worse Iain, but the curry goat has been seasoned and is currently preserved in the freezer. Scooped it into the freezer bag with my bare hands. Had to wash them three times afterwards and could still smell the spices on my fingers. :LOL:

Bad news Iain. Rest up, take it easy, keep taking the drugs and fingers crossed you'll be fully recovered for Ford Fair. See you there. (y)

Don't mean to make you feel any worse Iain, but the curry goat has been seasoned and is currently preserved in the freezer. Scooped it into the freezer bag with my bare hands. Had to wash them three times afterwards and could still smell the spices on my fingers. :LOL:

Cheers Manos - nothing like rubbing it in - and I'm not talking about the spices!!!!!

Woken up this morning with a stinking cold - what next I wonder :(

Sorry to hear your bad news Ian, but, you are doing the right thing. No point in taking any chances. I wish you a speedy recovery mate and look forward to meeting up with you again in the future.