• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2022 - Advance notice

Well after taking the decision to continue with Bramblewood as the location, I've booked next year's Fest for 16/17 July. No need to do anything at this stage - 'for information only' as the saying goes. That said, i hope to see as many participants as possible.

Cheers
Matt
Won't be there as there are far better sites as said before etc Santa Pod for instance! For true petrol heads who accommodate this not just a field somewhere, no where. I don't like the new menu obviously as said before I will not use expletives . I am lucky, I have managed to recover all photo's of T429 JOF rebuild from the person that sprayed her and did the work. I cannot access this site or my profile or to update settings when I am online. To whoever. Joe

Joe, it would have been much easier if you had given your opinion when I asked for it in my 'Market Research' post.
The main reason I have continued is that it suits the majority, the site is welcoming and the event is really not about cars at all, it's more friends who have got to know each other over the years getting together, relaxing and doing very little!
I'd also rather you took your issues up with me directly, rather than bother other members of admin. This role is not my job, nor is it a job for any other admin member, we are simply volunteers who do our best. We all have careers and families which come first, and if that means things that are organised do not suit everyone, well so be it. We're a good and friendly bunch, and I've been proud to be a member of this community for the last 7 or 8 years. Why not try putting in some productive input or getting involved? Would be good to see you at the Christmas meal, or you could even put your name down for this job as and when I decide to stop doing it - which could be sooner rather than later at this rate!
I don't want to argue back and forth, but you have my reasoning now.

I'm afraid I have no idea about the 'Garage' function, I don't know a computer program from a hole in the ground but we do have a dedicated section for technical queries about the site, so I imagine a polite question there would get you a more knowledgeable response than I can give.

Matt.

It would be literally impossible to please everyone regarding the location of 'Fest.

We've seen that before, and the decision over the last few years to hold it at Brown Moss is testament to the admins' commitment to compromise.

I'll take the opportunity to point out that holding it there takes my drive from 20 minutes (Northampton) to 2.5 hours. Don't care, and not sorry.

I think that Joejo would like 'Fest to be part of a show or a track meet but, respectfully, I feel that misses the point of what 'Fest is supposed to be now. I haven't got a bad word to say here, but I will support the majority decision.

My tuppence worth :)

I've been going to Fest (apart from the years at Will's place) since 2010 and it never has been about the cars. Granted, the field was most if not all Cougars back in those days with the numbers of inlaws and outlaws steadily increasing. Bramblewood is a fantastic site and the best I've been to in terms of Fest. It is slightly more central to the majority of the members too as some travel from as far as Scotland to join in the shenanigans.

If it is a track focussed meet you're after - Castle Combe. Always one of the highlights of the year and your choice of a full-on track session or a more sedate parade lap (which I enjoyed thoroughly I have to say). And when there isn't a virus doing the rounds, usually accommodation is on offer at Badminton (though we managed with Premier Inns this year just fine).

Hi Matt I feel your frustration, it can take a lot of work and effort to arrange a meeting which is something you do in your own time for the good of others and I had plenty of moans and comments when in your post.

In the main though most people appreciate what you are doing, it's not easy finding an event and you can't please everyone but it's easy to sit back and criticise someone's efforts.
You did give everyone chance to offer constructive feedback back on venues rather than criticism.
Try not to let it put you off, you have taken over in one of the worst times possible during a pandemic as well and are doing a great job.šŸ‘

Joe, it would have been much easier if you had given your opinion when I asked for it in my 'Market Research' post.
The main reason I have continued is that it suits the majority, the site is welcoming and the event is really not about cars at all, it's more friends who have got to know each other over the years getting together, relaxing and doing very little!
I'd also rather you took your issues up with me directly, rather than bother other members of admin. This role is not my job, nor is it a job for any other admin member, we are simply volunteers who do our best. We all have careers and families which come first, and if that means things that are organised do not suit everyone, well so be it. We're a good and friendly bunch, and I've been proud to be a member of this community for the last 7 or 8 years. Why not try putting in some productive input or getting involved? Would be good to see you at the Christmas meal, or you could even put your name down for this job as and when I decide to stop doing it - which could be sooner rather than later at this rate!
I don't want to argue back and forth, but you have my reasoning now.

I'm afraid I have no idea about the 'Garage' function, I don't know a computer program from a hole in the ground but we do have a dedicated section for technical queries about the site, so I imagine a polite question there would get you a more knowledgeable response than I can give.

Matt.
Matt, thanks for the reply, I didn't mean to cause upset with anyone, due to personal bereavement and loss and the pandemic I just signed in and couldn't find my photos and was frustrated and got angry. I do like being a member of the club and would like to continue so, but for now T429JOF is under a plastic sheet stored in the garage. I need to get away, so with that I can put behind 2021 and truly horrible year it has been. I am sorry if I caused offence to anyone as was not my intention, maybe see you in the Spring
Regards Joe

Joe that's absolutely fine, no offence taken. I know how you feel and sometimes you just have to vent somewhere! You're welcome here anytime, this club was a great help to me after I lost my father several years ago. Being here for each other is what we do, Cougar owner or not. Please feel free to contact me if I can do anything to help at all.
Matt šŸ‘

If ever there was a person who wouldn't take offence, It's Matt. Frankly I couldn't imagine anyone better suited to managing our events at top level given how contentious some can be.

All that said, I know what it's like to vent online - for better or worse - and I understand that JoeJo is stressed, mad at the world and wants to work out why.

I don't hold any grudge against people who actually get into self reflection so I hope this gets sorted at his end and I get to meet him. somewhere. Even if that's at a track.

Matt, Mako and all others I want to thank you for your understanding! I guess life gets in the way sometimes. Just fired up T429JOF, she's fine as had everything replaced or rebuilt that was needed, which wasn't a lot as you know previously, the biggest thing being the respray and body repair which took some time, can send members photos of this if needed
Other than that see you in the new year Joe

Joe, I genuinely understand. You have every right to put out your suggestions and as you know, that's exactly what we do.

I think there's plenty of latitude to have whatever sort of events we want (Covid notwithstanding) and as I suggested above it would be great to see you at your preferred sort of meet next year.

I note that you're down in Folkstone but mentioned Pod? That's fine - I'm near Pod and will happily be one of two if that's all we can get. Please don't lose faith.

Reactions: LLC02
Really do not know if this is doable at the moment, scheduled to have my arthritic big toes taken apart one at a time with a 6 to 8 weeks off work, left one first which thankfully having an automatic will still be able to drive.

Reactions: backseateducation