• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest venue 3-5th august 2018

Forgot a thanks to dick for bringing down the Scottish delicacies for those how asked for them. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Great weekend away with a brilliant bunch of Cougarites !! Nice to meet Sam with his C2 ! Well done Matt for his award and didy tent! Safe journey to Dick on his trip to Gibraltar and back again! Many thanks to Sandra and Steve for make us very welcome at there place! Can’t wait till our next sorte!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We arrived home a couple of hours ago after a blast down the A41 and M53 and also via "Exhaust Test Tunnel" (otherwise known as the Kingsway Tunnel).....gurning like an idiot as I drop a cog and floor it :LOL:

Well, what a fantastic weekend that was.....hot hot hot all weekend but glad to say I wasn't eaten alive by the local insect population for a change.

We arrived around 5pm on Friday to be greeted by Dick, Al and Vonny, Mick and Emma - I parked Wildcat up and unloaded the car and got to pitching the brand new tent for the first time (which turned out to be pretty easy as it happens). We cracked the beer open and set down to chill while the arrivals continued - the noisiest of course being Ricky :LOL:

Beer, chippy tea, music and chat went on until dark - what Fest is all about.

Saturday was even hotter than the Friday and the revellers slowly baked to a crisp in the sunshine. Matt, Will and Rik and Carol arrived and Ricky washed his car with his new toy. Dick made the Chris Adams Award presentation followed by the lineup photo followed shortly after.

The gas BBQ was wheeled out while we searched for a bottle that had gas in it - which we eventually found - lots of dead animal products were promptly put on to cook while Ricky fired up his BBQ with an insane amount of burgers and sausages. What followed can only be described as hilarious - as the great Smith family water fight broke out. :LOL:

Today was just as hot which isn't great when you're trying to dismantle tents and load cars - I eventually finished loading the car (after several breaks for water) around 15:30 then chilled for a bit before saying final goodbyes to those left on site - wishing Dick a safe journey before he set off for Dover. We left an empty field with a hint of sadness that it had to come to an end :(

Thanks to Phil for organising and to Mick for suggesting the site. It was superb, the facilities were great and the site owners could not have been more welcoming or helpful. It is the perfect place for Fest 2019 (y)

It was great to catch up with everyone and also to finally meet some new (to me) faces - Will and Sam.

What can you say? Fest is alive and well and had a great turnout - here's to doing it all again in 2019!

Oh and Ricky, I have a couple of bits of yours that were handed to me that you left - a couple of pairs of pliers and Tallulah's water bottle. I'll get these to you in due course. (y)

Always rely on John for a good write up, well done!

I dont know where you all get it from, my car isnt even loud!(n) you giving Kim more excuses lmao:LOL:

But if you can hold on to them until our next meet it would be appriciated (y)

The water fight was fun, part of me was thinking
Shes in my car
Do I back down and save the car or soak the interior and Kim...
Unfortunately MOE fell to a victim of war lmao

Had a fantastic time at my first Cougarfest, just disappointed I couldn't stay for longer. It was lovely meeting new people and looking round their beautiful cars. Thanks to Chris & Mick and Paul & Will for helping me get those nasty sponges out of the rear panels. I'll be getting some rust protection down in those holes pronto!

I forgot to pay anyone upon leaving. Is there a way I can remedy this?

Had a fantastic time at my first Cougarfest, just disappointed I couldn't stay for longer. It was lovely meeting new people and looking round their beautiful cars. Thanks to Chris & Mick and Paul & Will for helping me get those nasty sponges out of the rear panels. I'll be getting some rust protection down in those holes pronto!

Our pleasure, I'm sure! Hope you can make it over to see us at Matt's next weekend!

I forgot to pay anyone upon leaving. Is there a way I can remedy this?

You're not the first, and you won't be the last.

I recommend getting in touch with Sandra and Steve via email or their Facebook page, explaining the problem and offering to Paypal them, (or send them a money order, or - and I don't really recommend this - cash wrapped in a sheet of 3-fold A4 in an A5 envelope). I can tell you with great certainty that they won't be angry with you. They'll appreciate your honesty.

As will I for what it's worth, because it reflects well on us as a club. It's one thing to make a mistake, but another thing entirely to own it and fix it.

Well, we arrived home at about 6.00pm following a fantastic weekend once again with a brilliant bunch of nutters ;). The weather was brilliant and enjoyed by all.
I can recommend this venue, the hosts/site owners Steve and Sandra are the most welcoming, accomodading friendly people i've met running a venue such as this. They would walk around site to welcome each one of us as we arrived and first thing in the mornings etc, very welcoming.
Thanks Phil for setting us up and Mick for finding and pointing the place out to us. Once again, wearing my UKCc rep hat, i can officially recommend this venue for next time. It was great to return to COUGARFEST after a two year absence. (y)

edit: Sam, give Sandra and Steve a bell on the number in the opening post.

Anywhere else would have to be pretty good!

Talking to Dick over the weekend (has anyone got a progress report from his trip to Gib?) he felt that it would be best if we did this at a different venue every year.

I kind of get where he's coming from. We relied on Billing and Grendon for far too long. And as much as we loved being at Wil's place, we probably overstayed our welcome since we were relying on him.

But this place? I think that it's very accessible to most of us, has everything we need, and is run by two of the most lovely people. If we decide to go there again next year, I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm up for the discussion, but will happily lobby for going to them again.

TBut this place? I think that it's very accessible to most of us, has everything we need, and is run by two of the most lovely people. If we decide to go there again next year, I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm up for the discussion, but will happily lobby for going to them again.

Same here, fantastic site......very quiet, good facilities and more central than previous venues. It would get my vote to go back next year (y)