• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest

That said, if the club loses fest, my car will find it's way onto the Autotrader as without a Cougarfest, TRUST ME, it's pointless owning a Cougar. If you only attend one thing in a year, then it should be that. The most notice for holidays etc and it's central. Be brave, drive a few miles in that big Cat, you didn't buy it to stare at it............................

Thats the reason mine is being parted out Bro you know that, I love this club and will never give it up (the club not the car).

JJ

Good sentiments lads, this club aint no good without the people who keep it going. Having organized the Ford Fair event this year I can now understand were your coming from with regards to organizing an event, its almost as if people put their name down then you never hear from them or see them online again :oops:

I had an idea about future fests and i'd like to run it past you on Sunday at Harewood, you might be interested, you might not, either way its just a sugestion (y)

I thought at the begining of the year that I'd be out of all the shows due to financial problems etc. but i've stuck with it and am coming to this years fest because i want to not because I have to, we do have some fun and its a great way to spend a weekend with your mates. :beer::beer:

I suppose that there's no getting away from the cost of fuel as a factor, part of the reason I changed my mind about Ford fair, since most events appear to be in a central location, it means big miles and big petrol bills. Owning the two cars meant that attending the Modified nationals cost us over £300.00 for the weekend, so something has to give elsewhere.
I was talking to my agony aunt last night regarding the future, I got frustrated with club members over their apathy with regard to show attendance (or lack of it) 3 years ago when I did a stint as events organiser, I can't understand why people don't want to get out there and meet people socially.
Cougarfest has always been a fun weekend, I thought that after last year that this year would have members rushing to pay their money, last year was very much back to basics, and it was fun.

I understand the costs involved, as you know Rich with me and this weekend coming. But I've looked at it as a day with my mates, not a car show. Lord know's we've all done the march around Harewood and as great a day as it is, aside from the arena events, it pretty much the same each year, same clubs, same cars as the majority of them only make one or two outings a year. So my respray has to be put off till next month and my new exhaust will have to hold till then too. Whoopy! My car, I drive it and it will be done when I can get it done. With the issues I've had along the way it'll be bloody next year at this rate but I'm optimistic that it should be somewhere near done for fest.

One thing that's always bothered me is that never mind the tight northeners that won't drive out of Yorkshire and the soft Southerners that think they need a visa to go out of the M25, there are loads of members across the Midlands who register and disappear!! Representing the Middle land it always seems to be Me, Jason, Kev and Gina G. Like you said, to do one thing something has to give and I just wish that everyone had that approach. If they did we'd have meets around the country all the while and show attendance would never need chasing.

Still roll on Sunday, so I can hate you some more Mr B :)

Someone please tell my missus that Kilted Cougar has left the country and thus I can be allowed to attend Cougarfest !!

Right....off to hide behind that great big thumb hovering above my head !!

On a serious note, if it wouldn't result in me having a divorce and it was a weekend I didn't have my daughter, me and my new Cougar owning mate would be up there like a rat out of an aquaduct !!

Have fun everyone....I will be there in spirit.....just look at Ace Melons car and think of me ! (no not the dent) :LOL:

Someone please tell my missus that Kilted Cougar has left the country and thus I can be allowed to attend Cougarfest !!

Grow a pair of "bagged spherical gristly bits that produce reproductive fluids' and come to cougarfest.

Tie her up for the weekend, tell her that you are going to have some bedroom fun, rope her to the bed naked, then put your clothes back on and get yourself into the arms of the love of your life (Kilted cougar). Just to make sure the missus doesn't suffer, you can use my mobile at grendan to annonymously let her parents know that she is in a tight spot and needs their help, th key will be under the mat.

Grow a pair of "bagged spherical gristly bits that produce reproductive fluids' and come to cougarfest.

Tie her up for the weekend, tell her that you are going to have some bedroom fun, rope her to the bed naked, then put your clothes back on and get yourself into the arms of the love of your life (Kilted cougar). Just to make sure the missus doesn't suffer, you can use my mobile at grendan to annonymously let her parents know that she is in a tight spot and needs their help, th key will be under the mat.

So...let me get this straight. There is going to be a naked women tied to a bed, who's fella is away for the weekend and a key left under the mat. What a shame I'm gonna be busy at cougarfest that weekend :LOL:

So...let me get this straight. There is going to be a naked women tied to a bed, who's fella is away for the weekend and a key left under the mat. What a shame I'm gonna be busy at cougarfest that weekend :LOL:

You can watch Paul and Dawn in the sex tent, as usual

Have fun everyone....I will be there in spirit.....just look at Ace Melons car and think of me ! (no not the dent) :LOL:

Errrrr perhaps....don't. It's still looking very second hand. I just have a very kind camera ;)

Fest on the otherhand is my target for it looking at least presentable with a bit of Pauls TLC/Violence with the polisher :) And some other bits n bobs ;)

I can always rely on RichB to make me spit out whatever it is i am eating/drinking at the time of reading one of his posts......this time it was a strawberry tart !

Great. Sticky keyboard!! Thanks !

Now if you don't mind, I have some rope to find and a doormat to buy..........

Kully you forgot Chris & Tim are new Events Organizers ;) they are Midland based too, but yeah your right, I seea few Cougars around but none of them are members as far as I know (the only two other guys I know who were members both wrote off their cars)

Good story Paul, Rich always has a good if not slightly imporobable solution to these things :) :LOL: I am lucky in the fact I dont have a "ball & chain" to tell me what to do (sometimes I don't think that is a bad thing) so I go and do what I like all at the expence of my creditiors :LOL:....you don't think its me who pays for all these shows do you ;) I think I owe just slightly less than Robert Mugabee (NO NOT THAT ONE!) ;)

I think JJ, Kully, and others may be a bit confused about what this forum is for, or maybe I don't understand what the forum's for.
To me, the forum's for getting help when my car's gone wrong, and having a chat with like minded people i.e. Cougar owners on-line. Meets(for me at least) are for us Cougar owners to get together, and share our cars and experiences. Which is why I (I can't speak for Rachel, she's asleep) attend Ford Fair, and will definitely attend Harewood in the future. Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a social scene, if it wasn't for that I'd never have met Rachel, but there has to be a line drawn.
Cougarfest has never been a draw for me, for the reason that the Cougar isn't the reason everyone gets together, it's just to get trollied. Now as much as I like a drink, I'd rather do it in the company of people that know me when I'm in that state, and if I'm going to THE Cougar meet, I'd rather be more focused on the commonality that's brought us all together, i.e. the car, so for me I'ed want to be out on a 'Cougar cruise' if you will, rather than just parking up my car on Friday evening/Saturday morning, and it not moving again until it's time to go home.
For me what some of you have said about selling your Cats if Cougarfest doesn't happen again, is missing the point, you buy the car to enjoy it, and the social side is a bonus, but owning the car just for the social side isn't the right reason to own the car.
Just my thoughts, which are powered by Fosters :p, but valid none the less.

Not at all dude if it wasn't for the forum I would have changed my car a long time ago the friends I have made on here put the car firmly in the shade I will still continue to stick with this forum with or without a cougar.

The car is very secondary to me I can't say I enjoy the cougar the way I used to it is now just a car to me the passion I used to have for it as more than a car is not there anymore which is why it will be gone fairly soon to make way for something different I do too many miles nowadays to have a passion for driving the cougar or any car and I think I have took it as far as I am willing too.

Fest is about seeing the changes made to peoples cars since I last saw them and catching up with friends last year I didn't drink on either night so it certainly isn't about just getting drunk.

JJ

The 2 times I have been I didn't drink either !!

I don't drink beer or lager so that kind of restricts myself somewhat !!

I seem to remember their being a couple of families one year and everyone joined in, kids and all.

Please don't think it's a great big drunken party, it isn't. Yes there are some hardcore drinkers that like to drink to the early hours, likewise there are plenty of people that will be tucked up in their tents before 11pm

Paul

I think Cougarfest has a number of different facets.
Chance for forum members to meet and put names to faces and discuss Cougar related issues.
Receive help and advice on routine work or guidance for modifications.
Spanner bashing! Car jacked up and bonnets lifted. Ground covered with old bits and new shiny bits being lovely polished or tried out.
Social event. Over the years Cougars have been sold but people still come. Friends have been made and it is good to spend the weekend together. We even went on our bikes one year!
It is not just a drunken orgy. Over the years all sorts of events have been organised for the weekend that everyone could take part in, if they wanted.
I can understand Jason and Matts decision not too continue with the event with dwindling numbers. Perhaps it can continue on an informal basis? Each summer we go camping on the West coast, around 20-25 of us, and we organise who takes what. Each time we go it gets better and better. BBQ's, paella dish and burner, normal burners, catering bench, fridge freezer, deep fat fryer, amplifier, lights, ...the list goes on and on. Alright we don't have Cougars but not all members of the Club have a Cougar now!
Cougarfest has been great. I still remember the first time I met Rich B. I had banned him after a drunken session on the forum, which we discussed and resolved. I was expecting a frosty meeting between us. Instead he had baked the now legendary Cougar cake. I don't mind admitting that I welled up.

Well said Mike.

I think its easy to dismiss Cougarfest as a meeting centred solely around alcohol.

For me, it was not only an opportunity to put faces to names, but it also gave me a better opportunity to make some great friends. I doubt very much that I'd still be loitering around here (for what, six and a bit years?) if I'd only attended 'official' meets such as Ford Fair and such. If it was literally only about the cars, it could never have carried on as long as it has, because the club would be completely one dimensional.

I understand where you're all coming from, and perhaps the advertising of 'Fest should change, as whenever I've heard/talked to people about it, the main thing that comes across is alcohol. As I stated above, I'm not adverse to a good drink, but I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting around in a field drinking for 3 days.

I think that Fest is what you make of it.

If people want to chill out, relax and have a drink all weekend then they can. If you want to work on your car then feel free! Thats the beauty of it; its very fluid and pretty much anything goes.

There's only one way to find out if you would enjoy it though.. ;-)

Indeed I'm not a big drinker either (besides working in a pub) I go to socialize with the people who I've met over the years and meet new people who have heard about me online (my online presence far out ways my presence in the flesh I think ;)) and meet people who I've heard about online.
I'll admit I've had to question the motivation of some members of the club who it seamed their understanding of meets just solely meant getting wasted.....after all drinking and driving is a big no-no :oops: (and some of them become objectional when they have had a few...saying no names) but Cougarfest isn't like that