Cougars on track

I remember seeing this before, still a great vid Al..............must be a great temptation to floor it & really go for it lol!:)

Cracking video - looks like so much fun! :) although 3 laps is probably enough if you had to be behind a safety car and weren't lot loose...

Next time I do another track day, gonna empty all the cr*p out of the boot, ensure engine is running at it's best and then don't over-cook the brakes! Hopefully that way will get some better lap times in.

I wasn't part of this gaggle, as wasa bit before my time with the club, although would love to do a track day with the rest of you....without following a pace car!!! lol

Yeah c'umon its not exactly hard following a pace car around at a leisurly speed is it lads ;) get on track on a proper track day, otherwise your tales of driving skill will just be ignored :whistle:
Ja Rule in The Fast&TheFurious said:
We all know its not how you stand by your cars, but how you race them...a'lriyt!

I don't think anyone involved in the video was claiming it as a 'track day' because it certainly wasn't.
It was a few parade laps, driven in formation for clubs to show off their cars.

The good thing was that our club was at the front so we could (as I mentioned in my previous post), leave a gap behind the pace car and then floor it to catch up.
The pace car wasn't going slow anyway.
Behind us was the Impreza club (about 20 odd cars) followed by a few other clubs.

It was good fun and a privilege that the organisers invited us to be at the front.

I have no intention of taking my cat on a track day. It's not that kind of car.
I'd do it in something with 2 or 3 hundred more horsepower though.

Yeah c'umon its not exactly hard following a pace car around at a leisurly speed is it lads ;) get on track on a proper track day, otherwise your tales of driving skill will just be ignored :whistle:

I think you may have missed the point here Matt. It was an "event" and a very special day for all involved, as Manos said, it wasn't a race, it was a parade, and we as a club had pride of place, and as far as i am aware, nothing like this has ever been done before or since. It was a joy to be in that parade. Iirc, the pace car did allow us to run up towards 70mph along the pit straight, may have been more, maybe somebody who was watching the speedo could tell us. (y)(y)(y).
Oh and btw, i think it was brilliant foresight from Tim to stick the cam out the window exactly at the same time as Steppenwolf kicked up! :)

I don't think anyone involved in the video was claiming it as a 'track day' because it certainly wasn't.
It was a few parade laps, driven in formation for clubs to show off their cars.

The good thing was that our club was at the front so we could (as I mentioned in my previous post), leave a gap behind the pace car and then floor it to catch up.
The pace car wasn't going slow anyway.
Behind us was the Impreza club (about 20 odd cars) followed by a few other clubs.

It was good fun and a privilege that the organisers invited us to be at the front.

I have no intention of taking my cat on a track day. It's not that kind of car.
I'd do it in something with 2 or 3 hundred more horsepower though.

Absolutely right Manos, and 2 fingers to all the jealous people who didn`t come to the show and now wish they had.

track4.jpg