Engine bay & new gear knob

Looking good there mate. How easy was it to change the gear knob? especially considering the "lift" mechanism for reverse??

No worries about the lift mechanism then mate? Just unscrew and screw the new one into place???

Basically you get a flanged insert that locks onto the thread of the current gearstick with 3 pointed end grub screws. You basically lock this in place at the top of where the lift bit lifts to, then screw the knob onto the thread of the insert and push in the black insert into the top of the knob with the gear gates on it.

The lift mechanism when you use it slides inside the gear knob - so it works and looks great. Perhaps i was luck getting it locked at the right height so quickly but honestly cant see anybody having too many problems :yesnod:

Wow thats over complicated...

You can get replacement knobs that are a direct replacement - and should tak you no longer than 30 seconds to remove the old one and replace it...it literally just twists off, and you screw the replacement one back on.

Halfords sell a wide variety of knobs (and not just the ones that work there) that will fit your gear stick - just ask for one for a mk1/mk2 Mondeo :)

Wow thats over complicated...

You can get replacement knobs that are a direct replacement - and should tak you no longer than 30 seconds to remove the old one and replace it...it literally just twists off, and you screw the replacement one back on.

Halfords sell a wide variety of knobs (and not just the ones that work there) that will fit your gear stick - just ask for one for a mk1/mk2 Mondeo :)

Halfrauds took 20 minutes to find the keys to one of their display cases yesterday - hence not sure i'd want to trust a spotty kid to tell me what will fit my car :D