Euro Cougar - 5.7 secs 0-60

thats not a sprint! its not pulling the car for starters.. then there is drag, road conditions, weight etc...

I could do that on the rollers with a moped..

thats not a sprint! its not pulling the car for starters.. then there is drag, road conditions, weight etc...

I could do that on the rollers with a moped..

LOL!!! Thought it was too good to be true, I had wondered about those things too. Would have been better to see what BHP the car was producing...

going on what the others have said its true, without drag or rolling resistance you will get figures like that.

I remember reading an article in a magazine were they removed the limiters on an Audi RS6 Avant and stuck it on the rollers, it topped out at 202mph (200mph+ in an estate!) which they reckon would equate to about 196mph on the road!

going on what the others have said its true, without drag or rolling resistance you will get figures like that.

I remember reading an article in a magazine were they removed the limiters on an Audi RS6 Avant and stuck it on the rollers, it topped out at 202mph (200mph+ in an estate!) which they reckon would equate to about 196mph on the road!

I think 196 would be optomistic on the road myself, adding the missed factors into the eqation i would be expecting closer to 175mph

But they seem REALLY excited when they get the result.

The guy will probably be going around the world telling everyone "my coug can beat your car" and then be sadly dissapointed when he comes up against say a Clio Sport maybe... (can't think of any other cars that have around that 0-60 time)

Well GG is going RR tomorrow. Got a new camera with video on so will try and post some up if I can work out how to use the darn thing.........................and if it's not too embarrassing :whistle:

Well GG is going RR tomorrow. Got a new camera with video on so will try and post some up if I can work out how to use the darn thing.........................and if it's not too embarrassing :whistle:

Ooh...will look forward to that, will be interested just to see what GG is running on the dyno, would think up towards the 200bhp mark?? or at least 190bhp anyway....???

I would be shocked if it doesn't.

The st200 and other upgrades certainly seemed powerful when I was taken for a little raz around Birch services.

I will guess at 211 bhp.

Just got back and having to shoot out again. I will post up a full report if I have a chance later - if not it will be tomorrow but................................................

207BHP
.................and much much smoother to boot (y)

I think 196 would be optomistic on the road myself, adding the missed factors into the eqation i would be expecting closer to 175mph
I think that was the figure mate, i'll have to check, was in an old Evo magazine, they were using it as a go between while filming some Ferrari super cars and commented that it could easily keep up with them

Nice one Iain. I wonder what speed a Cougar would top out at on a rolling road? I know shagmonkey quoted about 160 ON the Road! In his beast (god knows on a rolling road)

Matt, on a rolling road it's pretty much just whatever wheel RPM the engine RPM translates to in top gear, so in a standard V6 Cougar which does approx 3000rpm at 70mph in 5th gear, 6750rpm which is about the redline would equate to 158mph.

That's (70/3000)*6750=157.5mph by the way.

Matt, on a rolling road it's pretty much just whatever wheel RPM the engine RPM translates to in top gear, so in a standard V6 Cougar which does approx 3000rpm at 70mph in 5th gear, 6750rpm which is about the redline would equate to 158mph.

That's (70/3000)*6750=157.5mph by the way.
well there you go, only 18mph faster than the on-road limit then

And that's thanks to a fairly impressive drag coefficient and the fact that the V6 produces peak BHP fairly high up it's RPM range :) The ST200 would manage a little faster, not because of the extra BHP per se, but because it pushes peak BHP closer to the rev limiter so the ST200 isn't falling away on torque quite so rapidly in those last few hundred RPM :)

Doing that calc backwards, the standard Cougar should be doing about 6000rpm bang on when it tops out at 140mph.

Just got back and having to shoot out again. I will post up a full report if I have a chance later - if not it will be tomorrow but................................................

207BHP
.................and much much smoother to boot (y)

Nice going Iain (y)
Now, i hope that'll keep you happy, at least until Ford Fair ;)

Thanks Al - it'll probably be Wednesday now before I can do a write up on it - all I can say is that she really is a dream to drive and I can't think of anything that would make her any sweeter :)

Thanks Al - it'll probably be Wednesday now before I can do a write up on it - all I can say is that she really is a dream to drive and I can't think of anything that would make her any sweeter :)

I want that in writing!!!!!:bomb::bomb::devilish::devilish::devilish::)