Finally did it

ElGuapo

Forum user
Jan 16, 2010
Netherlands
We went out to buy a sewing machine today, ended up in a car store looking at a cheapo VW 1.6 and a Alfa 156 1.8TS for the missus, and decided to buy the mint red Cougar 24V in the corner instead.

Just one of those days when things turn out very different than expected.

We've been running around cougars, 406/407 coupés, probes, XK and XKR's 320 coupés for a while but today we decided this was the best VFM.

We hope to find lots of technical info and support on this UK forum like the oter UK TLzone (Suzuki TL1000R owners forum) because the dutch forums are mostly useless.

Well a Cougar is better than a sewing machine lol, where abouts in Netherlands are you? We have family living over there :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Hi there ElGuapo and welcome to the best cougar forum in the world.

A red one eh - lucky you - they didn't do red ones in the uk - I think that 3 were imported by mistake so they are very rare over here.

You are definitely in the right place for technical help and friendly chat.

Get some pictures posted up so we can all have a good look then (y)

We're up North in the Netherlands, Hoornsterzwaag to be exact.

We don't have pictures yet because it's still in the shop, and we shook hands with the salesman only two hours ago.
Next monday it's got APK (Dutch MOT), insurance and we're ready to roll.

So no pictures yet, but I felt like the first thing to do was to join a forum and find some manuals and stuff. The car was on the bridge so my hands are already itching to fix something. Doesn't matter what.:eek:ut:

I already noticed another forum member also owning a Suzuki TL1000R. Coincidence?

there is no manual as such, but you will find all the information for repairs and modification (if you wish to mod it) on this site,:yesnod::yesnod: however you do need to be a subscriber to access certain areas, the subs £13 are well worth it, i have saved a lot more doing repairs myself rather than putting it into a garage,:D:D

Hi ElGuapo and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section (£13) or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: there are a few members from overseas on here so you're in good company
Tony (y)

Welcome to the UK forum! :smile5::smile5:

Very helpful lot on here and a good number of members with massive knowledge about cats!! You've come to the right place for help and advice, pay your subs and we are all yours!!! lol :wink5:

Hello and Welcome ElGuapo ("The Handsome One" ??? lol) - So, you will be the envy of alot of us on here, coz RED is just...well..it's just a distant dream! lol Will look forward to the pic's once you have picked her up.

Hi ElGuapo, welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

hello and welcome nice to see our european membership is on the rise as others have said no manuals available but this site is better than any workshop manual

Hi & welcome (y)
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the red beast :smilewinkgrin: