finally got one!

jovisd79

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2009
haverhill
Firstly, thanks to everyone for their help and advice over the last couple of days in my search for a cat.
I decided yesterday to to spend the day today up around the birmingham area looking at about 3 cats id seen advertised. Last thing last night saw new ad on autotrader down the road in near \Baldock. Unfortunatley couldnt get hold of them so went upto wolverhampton to discover the "mint" v reg cougar advertised had scratches and scuffs all round the rear off side and bumper and the inside looked like it had been chewed up by a dog. Dual exhaust (wonky), front splitter cracked. Then in came the weather hindering our progress to look at others. Then got a return phonecall fromt the people at baldock and agreed id stop in on the way back from up t'north.

Long story short, after 280mile round trip ive bought Cougar 38 miles from home.:wink5: Im now the proud owner of an S '99 silver 2.5V6 x pack. 95k:nonod: but near enough full service history:yesnod:. about a 6" scratch in rear quarter thats been poorly filled in, tempramental heated seats. But I tell what, GREAT drive home!!!! Cant wait to have proper look round and drive tomorrow!! Keep checking out the kitchen window to make sure its still there!

Be subscribing after my beer and pizza!

Good to hear , shame about the long journey, but at least you got one that you were happy with, things like tempermental seats and scratches can always be sorted, (y)

Fantastic news jovisd79 - bet you still can't get that big cheesy grin off your face from the drive home - incureable I'm afraid :ihih:

Have you got a link to the ad so we can all have a drool?????????

:D

Hi and welcome .Congrats on your new purchase ,280 miles phew you got away easy lol. iIf i do my calcs id say i done 900 plus to collect my frosty but hey thats me As stated welcome jump in crank it and enjoy

hello everyone, well done on your purchase mate. im also a proud new owner of a CAT as you boys call it which i like. got mine at the weekend, has a knackered engine but im bidding on an engine on ebay as i type. can't wait to get it up and running, never has anything bigger than a 1.8 so a 2.5 v6 so gonna be a real experiance. any advice would be good as don't hardly know anything about the little beautys. dan.

Well done on getting your new cat. Sounds like you have a couple of very minor issues, but as said previously, minor soon sorted (y)

Crowden, post a "Hello" in the new owners section mate , good to have yet another cat onboard.

hello everyone, well done on your purchase mate. im also a proud new owner of a CAT as you boys call it which i like. got mine at the weekend, has a knackered engine but im bidding on an engine on ebay as i type. can't wait to get it up and running, never has anything bigger than a 1.8 so a 2.5 v6 so gonna be a real experiance. any advice would be good as don't hardly know anything about the little beautys. dan.

Hi Dan and welcome to ukcougar.com - put your own new thread up in the new owners section to introduce yourself and you'll get a lot more warm welcomes :D

Have you got a link to the ad so we can all have a drool?????????

:D[/QUOTE]

lol, no pics in the ad im afraid. will get some up as soon as weather is better and get it polished up!

forgot to say as well with the 1st one i looked at he only had one key as well. im petty sure i read somewhere its quite important to hav ethe spare?

Glad you're pleased with your new cat.
as said above by others, that mileage is nothing on these :)

well done mate , missus said she saw a silver cat on 1307 i was wondering if it was you??? glad you got one wherebouts in haverhill r u

yeah probably was me, go that way to work! just another silver one round the corner from my house as well! 1st time id seen another silver one in town!