First Timer

Hello folks,

First time on here so not sure what I'm doing! :)

...and you think we DO!.....:LOL:

Hi Tomo and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Hi and cheers!

Yep, got my first Cougar about 3 weeks ago. Silver 2001 (51) reg 48,000 on the clock... immaculate apart from an alarming grinding noise/feel when i brake slowly from 10 yards in... had it checked out and been told there's nothing wrong with the discs/pads and to expect noise as it's 9 years old!!

Probably have to post this on another thread if I want advise, right?

Welcome aboard. You have a very late example. Have only ever seen 1 or 2 on a 51 plate.
Regarding your brakes though, you shouldn't be getting grinding noises! I'm sure somebody will better advise you shortly. :)

yes tomo, go to forum, then problems and start a new thread, sure someone will be able to advise, where did you get the brakes checked, was it a garage/dealer or just a mate, post as much info on new thread, which area it is coming from etc etc

Welcome sounds like you might have a C2 like mine, but i'm with the others you shouldn't get a grinding noise from brakes, i've just had mine done and my car is a 2001 model too, some mechanics talk out their backsides mate ;)