Frosty paint?

Msb1978

New user
Feb 17, 2012
Lincoln
Hi all,

Had my frosty a few weeks now, and am just getting around to some sprousing!! The problem I have is silver frost paint! My local ford garage tell me the will only do touch up pens and no spray paint. They recommended a place that would mix some for me, that turned out way too dark! Any ideas where I can get a proper match and put in a can for me?

Thanks

This is the one i used before and it's fine for light covers, spoilers and stuff, but i would not recommend trying to patch other bit's of the car with it, as the paint on the car if original would have faded and will need a proper colour match or complete blow over.. I have made many mistake thinking ohh i will just spray this little bit here, and it goes very wrong.. lesson learned.. (y)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TU-S...re_Cleaning&hash=item3efff43bf9#ht_644wt_1185

Also worth noting your paint code, to get the correct match.. as TU was not the only Frosty colour..

Halfords can make it up in aerosols
...and a good match if the right guy mixes it. I have found a couple of ass-istants who are a bit slap happy with quantities though so if it's a bad match, take it back and demand somebody who knows what they're doing mixes a replacement can. Price about £13 last time i had one done.

Thanks guys,

Yeah mine says it is TU but think that the years fade may cause problems. How affective is the halford colour match?? Will this allow me to patch little sections or should I just avoid this?

Thanks