Review: 5/5 GPS Tracker - rewire security DB2

poose

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Jun 19, 2012
Haydock
I have used these trackers for a while now on all my vehicle's and find them to be very good although not insurance approved they do have some that are.
The only thing needed beside what comes in the box is the app you download onto your phone, you can set them to alert of different things you may need, shock alert, movement alert and so on. App is easy to use and has always accurately pinpointed my location, it also shows recent trips you have taken and average speed and distance.

Good points - very easy to install just 2 wires and you just need to find a convenient place to fit them out of sight. 5/5
Bad points - none as I can think of.
Build quality - Been using them now for a couple of years with no issue.- 5/5
Ease of use - doddle to use 5/5
Value - £55.99 which I don't think is bad plus the £5 a month per tracker subscription 5/5
Overall - really good bit of kit and the tech support is fantastic 5/5

I'm not on commission. :LOL:
t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/

What is the purpose of this for you?

Are you tracking a fleet vehichle that you own, or are you using it in case of theft?

What parameters does it track?

What is the purpose of this for you?

Are you tracking a fleet vehichle that you own, or are you using it in case of theft?

What parameters does it track?

Its in case of theft Chris in the hope it helps get it back. I originally got one for my scooter due to the spate of thefts with them. For what they cost its got to be worth the punt.

Got this from Aldi , £39 no subscription just a sim card that works out at £30 a year top up, sim included, hardwire kit, or USB rechargeable.

Attachments

• 20210320_010326.jpg
    20210320_010326.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: poose and nvingo
Got this from Aldi , £39 no subscription just a sim card that works out at £30 a year top up, sim included, hardwire kit, or USB rechargeable.
Need to find a live feed preferably in the boot and somewhere to put it out of view and not in an area that its going to get knocked .

There's the boot light as a live but that's always live so might kill your battery

For a switched live check the CD changer that's probably switched or failing that the wiper motor

You need a permanent live for a tracker, boot light will be fine and you could hide it on top of cd changer in the boot as the cover will hide it.

You need a permanent live for a tracker, boot light will be fine and you could hide it on top of cd changer in the boot as the cover will hide it.
Yes boot light was my thought, needs to be a permanent live as the thing sends a text if the car is moved etc besides the car is run most days anyway so do not think it will hurt the battery much

Booked the amazon in to local garage to get tracker hard wired, its all set up and working, shows on GPS with Google maps, texts if the car gets moved unauthorised etc

Yes, but also no. It depends on the unit type and its capablities.

A GPS tracker with 2G/3G reversion which reports position plus driver performance and ignition status every X seconds? That needs a power feed. And that will vary depending on whether it's a 12V or 24V vehicle. Power is taken from a switched live...somewhere.

A T-unit (anti-theft) that reports location once a day (or so) is usually self-powered and will probably live for 3 years or so. These are incredibly easy to hide and don't neen external power at all.

Post automatically merged:

Mine reports movement if its set to do that, mode can be switched off via phone text, internal battery lasts about few days but obviously depends on how many texts go to and from etc, but wanted it hard wired so I can just forget it, basically once the car is parked up in car parks, particularly overnight while away from home i would set it to movement mode and then you get a text saying its moved and you check the GPS position on an app

Last edited: