Hello All!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the warm welcome!!
I'm from a town in New York state.
The winters suck but I'm lucky enough to have another vehicle to take the grunt of winter.
I never really took notice to white cars before I got mine, but I really love them now.
Keeping it clean isn't too bad, it hides the dirty pretty well.
Although I do like to keep it washed every week.

As for prices that shops charge varies from place to place.
I do all my own work at home, so I can't really help you there.

Thanks again for all your kind words!
One thing I have been doing some research on is the automatic climate system you guys have in your cars.
I'd love to get a fully functioning system in my car eventually.
I have a Cougar 1 European HVAC digital control and the correct bezel that it goes in.
A member on NECO has posted all the part numbers but new parts are rather expensive. :frown5:

Thats a great looking cougar mate. Hi and welcome to UKCougar.

Some how the cougars pictured from the USA look harder lined as apposed the cougars photographed in europe that look softer lined.

Maybe you have more dramatic backdrops. I like the photograph along side the railway lines and as you say white does look great.

Dont get dishartened with the mods as it will all come together in the end.

Hi Matt, great looking Coug you have there, loving the White, shame they never released it here in the UK.
Re: Those tinted headlight covers - where do you get them from and will they ship to the UK? I know a couple of guys on here have them, but think they imported from the USA.

Welcome aboard anyway mate.

Tim

Love it! Absolutely love it! That's a very different centre console you have there though - an American only option I presume? :(

Yup that console came on the 2001-2002 Sport package Cougars. (the base model cars with rear drum brakes/no spoiler got the same center, but without the armrest) They are very popular here in the states.

As for the taillight covers, they came on a parts car I bought.
However, they come up on the American Ebay Motors from time to time.

Mine are finished in a fake carbon fiber and I don't think they are made anymore.
They were offered a long time ago from Custom Cougar/ Promotion Tuning.

If anyone ever needs me to look up parts from America let me know.
I will do my best to find them for you!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words!
I must say I love looking at all the cars on here. :cool:
Everyone has amazing taste.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome I think he is referring to the headlight covers not the tail lights and there would be a few members who would be interested in getting some myself included.

Have to say I love the white if I ever went for a full respray that would be my collour of choice I always loved CATerina's car, yours looks very clean.

JJ

If you want the AVS ones from the States same as eBay ad below (ignore the generic photo) i got mine from a fellow Neco member via sending him Paypal to buy them and Paypal for shipping. Got away with import taxes and came to around 80 pound delivered (y)
Couldn't find one company to ship to the UK.
Edit-saying that this place looks like they do international shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AVS-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Oops, sorry I misread that.
There are two companys that make the covers here.
AVS and GTS.

Ebaymotors is where I got mine. That link above looks like a great place to get them!

Here is another link for the GTS brand covers(not sure if they will ship overseas tho):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Smal...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3efa8e7c92

For both places you have your choice of Clear, Carbon Fiber, and Smoked finishes.
They also make tinited tailight covers, if anyone is interested.

33571d1211827561-its-serious-now-siderear.jpg

matty, the cougar head logo on your seats, was that a stick on or iron on badge, and if so do you remember where you got them? cheers(y)

Thanks!
The logo is actually embroidered on the seats.

The seats came like this from Ford as part of the optional C2 package for the 2001-2002 cars.

There was also a ZN model that had these same seats with a yellow Cougar head on them.
Also, the XR package had these seats with a red Cougar head along with red inserts in the center.