Hello and help with mods/filter/st200 etc

I

ianprado

Hi, Im Ian and looking for some advice -

Have had My v6 for 5 years, and now looking for a bit more power etc

1)Have been looking at the superchips bluefin, they quote a potential 11bhp increase - any experience on this?

2)is there any advantage between a k&n panel filter versus an k &n induction kit

3)is there a guide anywhere on the procedure/parts needed for the st200 throttle body conversion? What gains can be expected from this?

I am confident to do the work myself (my dad and i changed the gearbox on the drive way including dropping the subframe no four poster!) but need a little guidance on the above mods,

thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

best,

ian

hi ian the induction kit will be better k&n or racebits like alot of us have fitted
st200 fittment in subscription side of forum and new exhaust will give you 1o bhp more

Welcome Ian, used to live just down the road from you in the grounds of Hammerwood House. Some of the clever guys on here will be along to point you in the right direction.

thks for your rapid help, will subscribe and check out the st200 info.

any particular exhaust recommended?

To see a good change you need a collection of mods to complement each other, induction kit + exhaust + remap will help. new plugs and HT leads at the same time will make sure everything is working at its peak.

The ST200 parts are worth a bit if you get the TB and the inlets with the above you should have a big increase in performance.

Welcome ;)

Welcome to UKC.com, the land where the big cats roam Ian.;)

Pay the meagre subscription fee & open up a world of info, mods & club discounts, which will save you £££'s.(y)

As has been said, there is a Group buy for a quality stainless steel exhaust, including a decat or stainless sports cat, that will save you well over £100!:ihih:

I hope you enjoy it here.:)

Welcome to UKC.com, the land where the big cats roam Ian.;)

Pay the meagre subscription fee & open up a world of info, mods & club discounts, which will save you £££'s.(y)

As has been said, there is a Group buy for a quality stainless steel exhaust, including a decat or stainless sports cat, that will save you well over £100!:ihih:

I hope you enjoy it here.:)

And from what the guy from MIJ has said, the BHP gains you'll get from one of their systems with decat are around what the Bluefin would give you so I'd rather spend the dosh on a sexy new exhaust than a Bluefin - modest BHP increase plus a louder roar (y)

And from what the guy from MIJ has said, the BHP gains you'll get from one of their systems with decat are around what the Bluefin would give you so I'd rather spend the dosh on a sexy new exhaust than a Bluefin - modest BHP increase plus a louder roar (y)
I have spoken to both Bluefin previously & MIJ. The Bluefin claims an increase of 10-12bhp at best, whereas the exhaust alone from MIJ should achieve this, add to that a sports cat or decat & you would get better gains with the exhaust, as you say, with far sexier looks & a louder roar too.:ihih:(y)