Hello Cougar owners

D

DeeBee

Hey guy's I registered a while back to find out more info.

Don't own a Cougar yet but selling my current car at the moment, the cougar is what i have my mind set on next.

Seems one of the best buys for the money, even seen a few with only 40,000 - 50,000 on the clock with FSH all under 3 grand?!

All i want to know is if I get one without the X pack, am I missing out on alot? because I'm finding them harder to source near me.

Thanks, hope to stick around :)

xpack just means leather heated seats, electric drivers seat, and i think 6 cd changer? someone else might be able to help you bit more!

hi dee dont worry if its not an x pack alot of us run v6,s in standard guise and got more extras than some x packs leather seats are the most common x pack option and the rest is the same
and for around 1200 to 1500 max you,ll get a very good cougar, milage is not a prob for the v6 if cared for so your looking for full or a large history record with the car or even buy one from a forum member then you know it,ll be looked after

Hi and welcome to your first post and first thread!!

The extra's not included with the x-pack are heated screen and sunroof. Personally, id try to hold out for a decent x-pack to appear nearby. I waited until I found one with every option available and Im glad I did, heated leather and fully loaded, yes please! :D

Personal preference really, depends what you are moving on from. Personally, I could not live without a heated screen! Heated seats are nice, although getting into summer now (cool!) so these two probably arn't deal breakers.

Hope you get a good one, for reference I paid £3000 for mine a year ago, fully loaded C2 with 68K main dealer full history. But I know I paid loads compared to some really good club cars that have been on sale since.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome to the forum, theres loads of info on here and we're a friendly bunch :angel: :angel:

Hi and welcome to your first post and first thread!!

The extra's not included with the x-pack are heated screen and sunroof. Personally, id try to hold out for a decent x-pack to appear nearby. I waited until I found one with every option available and Im glad I did, heated leather and fully loaded, yes please! :D

Personal preference really, depends what you are moving on from. Personally, I could not live without a heated screen! Heated seats are nice, although getting into summer now (cool!) so these two probably arn't deal breakers.

Hope you get a good one, for reference I paid £3000 for mine a year ago, fully loaded C2 with 68K main dealer full history. But I know I paid loads compared to some really good club cars that have been on sale since.

Good luck!

Confused with this one....doesn't matter wether it's an X-Pack or not, not all Cougs came with heated front screen - this was an "optional extra". My Coug is a standard C1 but I have a heated windscreen in mine. The sunroofs on some models are prone to breaking the plastic runners - personally I wouldn't go for a Coug with a sunroof.

Oops...forgot to say "Hello" Deebee. I hope you find the right one for you. I picked mine up 18 months ago with 50k miles FSH, 1 owner for £1600.

Thanks for the info and welcome's! :)

I see the optionals differ and I'm not really too fussy, if I find one in good nick I'm sure I'd be happy with it.

I'm coming from only owning small hatchbacks (1.8L engines and under) so this is a bit of a move for me!

Hi DeeBee and welcome to the home of the Cougar. Just as an added piece of info, if you can manage to find a C2 or Facelift version as they are sometimes called, they have the leather, heated front screen, electric seats, heated seats etc.

Hi DeeBee and welcome to the home of the Cougar. Just as an added piece of info, if you can manage to find a C2 or Facelift version as they are sometimes called, they have the leather, heated front screen, electric seats, heated seats etc.

This is the X pack model only, as with the C1.

Hi and welcome to the club.

The cougar is a really nice nice car wether zetec or V6.

Mine is a zetec and I am more than happy with it.

The extra's can be bought from other members and scrap yards and you can upgrade a standard cougar
to an X pack if wanted.

Have a look in the garage section and look for Pid_16v as a case in point along with others.

Welcome to the club, hope you find what you're looking for - you won't be disappointed :D :D

Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Be patient, have a good look around. The x-pack is the "top" of the range, but there are no identifiers or badges on the car to distinguish it from the rest. All the extras have been mentioned already, one point to note which does seem to cause confusion! The "Quickclear" heated front screen was an optional extra on ALL cougars.
(y)

Welcome Deebee - and from someone who has just got his Cougar, have patience mate, a good one will show itself before long and it will be yours :)