Hello from Neco...

Feb 9, 2010
USA
Hey guys, Micah, been on Newcougar.org for quite some time, though I haven't had a cougar in a while.....Anyways, Shagmonkey posted on neco about 2 AWD cougars you guys have over here. I clicked to see but no can find:nonod: Help?

:)

hi and welcome to ukcougar.com the man himself that built it will no doubt be along shortly and fill you in on it

the two guys you are looking for are CharlieCD001 (mark) and fourwdcats (nick)

they have converted one of each 2.5 v6 and a zetec 2.0

they will be along soon enough ;)

Hi, hows things from "over the pond"
I hear you are curious about our 4x4 Cougars! well what would like to know? as I am the builder. We currently have completed 2 a 2.5 v6 and a 2.0 zetec. No 2 zetec is in construction at the moment and should be up and running around the end of the month.
Cheers.

I hear you are curious about our 4x4 Cougars! well what would like to know? as I am the builder. We currently have completed 2 a 2.5 v6 and a 2.0 zetec. No 2 zetec is in construction at the moment and should be up and running around the end of the month.
Cheers.

I am just curious about the build in general. modifications made, drivetrain used(mondeo?), rear diff, how does she handle, weight, etc.

Is there a build thread?

Hello and welcome mate, these AWD Cougs are something else, seen both and are brilliant. I'm also a newby on NECO - posted up some pic's of my car the other week.

Cheers, Tim

Hiya mate I own the v6 fourby there is a thread but unfortunatly the photo's went awol during our site server switch look under transmission section still have few photo's somewhere but will try and do a pictorial of the zetec in progress.

100_03471024x768.jpg

Transferboxinsitu1024x768.jpg

FourgarBox1024x768.jpg

Fourbybox1024x768.jpg

Like dream we had a good snowfall recently and it didn't phase the cat at all in fact I went out playing in it!. It is a strange sight seeing a cougar spin all four wheels but I love it!. It could really do with more power Nick fourwdcats has this in hand he is planning to turbo his zetec cat. I will have to go down the 3ltr route.