Hello From Southport...

burgie

Well-known user
Jun 18, 2010
southport
Hello!

Not exactly a new owner, as I have had my Cougar since June this year, but I suppose I am quite new.

My Cougar is a X reg, green 2.0 zetec C1. I wanted a V6, but I needed to insure my 18y/o son on the car, so that went out of the window, plus I have previously had a Mk1 V6 mondy and that was a bit of a guzzler - saying that, my Zetec is not exactly fantastic on fuel, returning between 25-27mpg around town but I have seen 42mpg on a run.

I have a few minor mods on my mind, mainly around the exhaust and air filter with a bit of ICE. I might lower it a touch too - I lowered my V6 mondy by 50mm, but when it settled it was nearer 75mm and I got it stuck in a multi storey car park, so I am reluctant to go that low again!

Anyway, just thought I would say hi.

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Hi Chris and welcome to the home of the Cougar. You've definitely got the best colour ( just wait for all the derisory remarks ). Get some pictures posted and let's all see it.

DERISORY REMARK: Yup - it's definitely the best colour :LOL:

Welcome to the club Chris loads of help and advice available here mate - enjoy (y)

Welcome to UKCougar.com Chris, you'll find around 30mm drop should be fine to fill those front arches, but I wouldn't advise going any lower.(y)

welcome to the club----southport now theres a nice place to have a summer meet,got fond memories of ainsdale beach--------but thats another story :D:D:D:love::love::love::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Welcome aboard Chris, good to have another Coug into the fold...despite the colour! lol (only joking) Modding is quite individual, but I have an MIJ Sports exhaust system with quad exits, Pipercross panel airfilter and has been lowered 30mm (which is just about ok to deal with speed bumps etc) although I do have problems getting in/out of my driveway as the middle box catches. I'm also running aftermarket 17's too. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time on here and get lots of hints and tips on modding. Cheers, Tim

thanks for the welcomes....will get some piccies up ASAP....

Green is the best colour, after blurple, and better than that common frostie look! However, from my experiences, Green Cougars are invisible to all other road users given the amount of times they pull out in front of me. That is of course, assuming it's not that they find green cougars so offensive they just want it off the road!