Hello im a Newbie

S

scousegti31

Good evening

Hello have just brought a 99 T plate cougar 2.5 V6, 88,000 FSH, good car so far

couple of problems though

Hessitant on take up when in gear? slowing down then accelerating in gear, does it have a TDC sensor? did have a Corrado VR6 with the same problem, TDC sensor cured this,

drivers seat electrics not working, could this be a fuse?

can i remove the ford radio and replace it with a single Din? do i need something to put in the hole?

Cheers :oops:

Welcome to the forum, sure someone more knowledgable re: TDC's will be along soon (y) (y)

IMRC.....exactly symptoms I had. There, thats saved you a garage bill!

In all seriousness, welcome to the club. You will find a boat load of info in the subscriber sections - its would be the best £13 you have ever spent

Hi mate and welcome to the home of the Cougar. As said previously, the measly 13 quid for a years subscriptions will be saved many times over with all the help you will be offered here on the forum.

If anybody actually has an idea what the problem is, why not tell him? That was four out of 6 replys asking for money, it's not really a friendly welcome, surely we (as a club) can help out without asking for money everytime somebody new posts with a problem? While I agree that the subscription can be worth paying, it hardly promotes a friendly atmosphere when people ask for cash and leave the new member high and dry. This seems to be on the increase, surely it's better to help now and mention the subscription after, especially as a lot of people are having to be careful with their money. I know that some people are never likely to subscribe but this thread would put me right off if I was a new owner visiting for the first time.

Right I am off the soapbox

Good evening

Hello have just brought a 99 T plate cougar 2.5 V6, 88,000 FSH, good car so far

couple of problems though

Hessitant on take up when in gear? slowing down then accelerating in gear, does it have a TDC sensor? did have a Corrado VR6 with the same problem, TDC sensor cured this,

drivers seat electrics not working, could this be a fuse?

can i remove the ford radio and replace it with a single Din? do i need something to put in the hole?

Cheers :oops:

Hi scousegti,
As you might gather from my sig, i'm a zetec man, but the symptoms you describe could well be a EGR problem, tricky to know for sure without more info.
Your seats could be a fuse, as you suggest,or simply a plug under the seat has come adrift.
Radio: Yes you can replace it with a single din, and then buy a blanking panel, usually on ebay.

Oh, and welcome to ukcougar.com, now! here's my default welcome message: :LOL:

--------------------------------
Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

If anybody actually has an idea what the problem is, why not tell him? That was four out of 6 replys asking for money, it's not really a friendly welcome, surely we (as a club) can help out without asking for money everytime somebody new posts with a problem? While I agree that the subscription can be worth paying, it hardly promotes a friendly atmosphere when people ask for cash and leave the new member high and dry. This seems to be on the increase, surely it's better to help now and mention the subscription after, especially as a lot of people are having to be careful with their money. I know that some people are never likely to subscribe but this thread would put me right off if I was a new owner visiting for the first time.

Right I am off the soapbox

Have to say Rich, I am in agreement in this case. Sure it costs £13 to subscribe, and it's worth every penny as we all know, but lets not beat prospective members over the head with it.

being fair rich - i have suggested IMRC as a possible area of concern.

Al is right, it very much looks like the EGR could be at fault, but these are the EXACT symptoms i was getting from my IMRC issue.

Anyhoo - good luck in getting it fixed

hi and welcome to ukcougar.com,have you checked the multi plugs under the drivers seat?.do you have standard airbox or induction kit ? with an induction kit if any of it is loose and drawing in air before the filter can cause some hesitation also but more likley the egr

hello bud, welcome to the forum, think there may be a few members in your neck of the woods who may be able to assist (y)

being fair rich - i have suggested IMRC as a possible area of concern

Fair enough, it just seemed heavy that 4 of sixs posts were talking money, no offence meant but I have seen quite a lot of this and it could frighten people off. For the record, £1.08 ish a month is a small price to pay to have full access, I thought that I would probably let my subscriber status lapse buy tbh, I'm far too nosey.

Welcome mate, I was a newby a few weeks ago, its great site, loads of help and some amazing pictures of CAT's