Hello, new owner..

Dan

Forum user
Nov 8, 2010
York
Hi I thought it was about time I introduced myself properly after lurking for a few weeks!

I recently became the owner of a nice blue 99 v6 Cougar. I've always been more of a motorbike person, I drag race bikes and have always had bikes but started to get more interested in cars when I met my wife.

Anyway thanks to a dodgy back I've been keeping off the bikes more recently and I decided to get myself a new car hence the cougar. (We also have a 2001 Celica 190)

Needless to say I've fallen in love with it!!

I do all the work on my cars/bikes myself and always struggle to keep anything I own standard so watch this space. (I've already bought an exahust for it from here!)

If anyone has ever been to ten of the best you might have seen me doing drag bike demos.

Anyway I'll shut up now, great site and lots of usefull information.

Cheers, Dan.

Hi Dan, and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Hi & welcome Dan. :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Na6z03tW4

Sorry, i couldn't resist :giggle:

Glad you're enjoying your Cougar (y) , How does it compare to the Celica?

I've seen that so many times and it still cracks me up each time. I go on another forum, Ukbusas, quite a lot and the site owner there usually posts it once a year or so!! :LOL:

As for comparisons to the Celica, it's still early days yet, they are so different, the celica lives on being revved to death so they really are very different. I'm doing a lot on the motorway at the moment though so I prefer the cougar for that!