Hello

You shouldn't ever have a problem with boot space. I'm amazed at what I've managed to cram in over the years!
It’s a proper Coupé a real grand tourer
Post automatically merged:

Tidy looking C2. (y)
They are pretty cavernous in the back, it's surprising what you can get in there.
Looks like your missing your tailgate trim though? I think there might be one in the forum parts stash.
Yes I have it in the loft, it was leaking water in through the wiper arm; a little rust lifted the rubber grommet on the boot it’s getting sorted when we get home from Scotland.

First time camping and on your anniversary up Scotland (y) . Have a really enjoyable time together and a relaxing drive. The Cougar boot is quite literally a Tardis.
Thanks very much, can’t say I’m looking forward to putting the tent up in the pouring rain!

The boot is huge with a back seat than can actually seat two adults, something that can not be said of other coupé, perfect for a holiday or a trip to B&Q for anything from a lawnmower to flat pack furniture 😁
Or a pair of dogs. 😁

So long as the adults aren’t too tall !
Mine did a run to the local refuse recycling depot recently.
”Is that a Probe ?”
” No it’s a Cougar, it replaced the Probe but Ford couldn’t sell these either. “
10 mins later.
”I can’t believe how much stuff you’ve taken out of a sports coupe “
” I’ve folded the back seats but it will seat 4 adults ”
He seemed impressed by the engine note when I left too. :)
I love the V6, my sons want me to put twin pipes in it.

Last edited:
It’s a proper Coupé a real grand tourer

Yes I have it in the loft, it was leaking water in through the wiper arm; a little rust lifted the rubber grommet on the boot it’s getting sorted when we get home from Scotland.

Thanks very much, can’t say I’m looking forward to putting the tent up in the pouring rain!

Or a pair of dogs. 😁

I love the V6, my sons want me to put twin pipes in it.
Clarkson sat in the back no problems on the top gear test 😁

Clarkson sat in the back no problems on the top gear test 😁
So did I tonight as my son took my wife and I in it, my head was under the back window though; back seat is comfy though 😁

Twin pipes is the first step in unlocking the engine from Ford strangulation system.
I have replaced the air filter with a pipercross filter, I do like the quiet refinement of the V6 though.

The foam was originally included as a result of NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) tests during vehicle development. It's still used in more modern vehicles but is now shrink wrapped in plastic so it doesn't act as a sponge and retain moisture.
You need to remove the rear side panels to get at the ones in the outer voids.
There is a How-To here:

Is that the rear side panels inside the car? Does it affect noise within the cabin?

You can check for any corrosion in the sill from the same rear panel area. Good way of getting in there to treat it too.

Twin pipes doesn’t have to be louder, mine isn’t particularly. It gets rid of the LHS box that has a U bend in it. That is very restrictive for your engine.
My son noticed that when we were underneath it the other day, need to look into that, thanks. We were actually going to change the auto gearbox oil, we know how to drain it but where do you refill it, any ideas?

Reactions: ASoggyNaanBread
I’ve just cleaned the cockpit ready for our road trip what do you think, do I put the seat covers back on or enjoy the moment? Baring in mind my wife is a very dangerous woman with a portion of fried!!

Reactions: ASoggyNaanBread
OP's posts moved to this thread from the 'Looking to Buy Thread'.

There are a couple of undertrays in the forum stash, there is one here and Lisa has the other, but I think they are both the C1 version, which differs from the C2 version.

*Correction*:
having searched Al's conversion thread, see posts 283 and 295 here I now believe the one Lisa has is from a C2.
Available in Car Parts for sale:

Undertray fitting kit available here:

Last edited:
OP's posts moved to this thread from the 'Looking to Buy Thread'.

There are a couple of undertrays in the forum stash, there is one here and Lisa has the other, but I think they are both the C1 version, which differs from the C2 version.

*Correction*:
having searched Al's conversion thread, see posts 283 and 295 here I now believe the one Lisa has is from a C2.
Available in Car Parts for sale:

Undertray fitting kit available here:

Thanks for that, mine is a V6 auto will it be suitable?

You refill the auto box through the dipstick tube.
There is a particular sequence you have to follow to check you have refilled it to the correct level.

Instructions for changing the oil in the auto box:

Many thanks I’ll check that out.

Reactions: The Amazon
Good to see you on the forum. Funnily enough my wife and I have just been to Scotland and spent a couple of weeks on Orkney. Literally got back this afternoon at about 4pm. Lovely scenery, dreadful internet !

@BOGIEMAN1 I'll have a peek under mine during the day just to check the one Lisa (LLC02) has in store is the C2 version and then I'll message you with how the 'Spares for Members' system works. (y)