HI, quick question

jovisd79

Well-known user
Dec 29, 2009
haverhill
Hi guys, feel bit of a fraud posting on here when I dont own one yet, but basically Ive always liked them and my situation dictates I might treat my self soon. (still saving) Ive done loads of reading on the forums and must say I'm very jealos of the \V6 grin that seems to come with these. Lots of qquestions have been answered from reading stuff in here but there lots of references to them being C1 or C2, is this just age or are there other differences? thanks and great site/forum.

p.s would like a black or silver 2.5 V6 for cheap as santa didnt bring me one!

Looks like Martin can type faster than me. But, it just goes to show how helpful we all are on here.
By the way, welcome to the club mate. Get yourself a C2, they're greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt.

Looks like Martin can type faster than me. But, it just goes to show how helpful we all are on here.
By the way, welcome to the club mate. Get yourself a C2, they're greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt.

:LOL: yep it's a great site i think either c1 or c2 which ever you can get cheapest, 1 thing is you wont be disappointed with either (y) i Have c1 2.5v6 great car and excellent on the motorway

cheers guys, really helpful. To be honest, whether its a C1 or a C2 I think I'd be like a dog with 2 weenies. Saving hard and am keen to get one with a good service history, from what ive read on here thats a big bonus. cheers again guys

Mine came with part service history, and yes its a big bonus but don't forget most people service their own cars these days so don't be put off with one that's got part or so on.

Get a C1, they look nicer! (y) Seriously though, go for the car in the best condition at the best price, whatever colour it is and whether C1 or C2 you will love it.

Hi jovisd79, welcome to UKC & happy hunting for your cat. ;)

The coog is still a lot of car for the money they fetch & certainly the best I've had so far!(y)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Dont rule out a good zetec if it comes your way as they are also very fast, fuel economy is nearly the same for the big V6 as the zetec.

The V6 has more toys on them and generaly come with leather and a disc changer in the boot.

Some might say that that the V6 has a great roar but with the parts the zetec can roar as well.

Either way there will be people that look at you whilst driving a cougar and wont know what you are driving but guarented you will be giving tham a big cheesy grin.

Keep the penny's rolling in and I am sure you will have a cougar soon. Stick around the forum and check out the for sale section you never know when there might be a cougar for sale. Good luck with your find.

as above.....i would not go away from my v6 ('s) but that said, there is more room to improve the zetec and get the noise you are after. You can get the zetec to 170bhp with a bit of a tweek

unfortunatley I'm not that mechanically minded so with regards to modding a 16v zetec I might be able to do the real basic stuff with an idiots guide but to be honest I really want the V6, I dont mind having a go at the asthetic side of things and am keen to learn about my motor. As soon as i get one i'll be subscribing to here though! I'm sure I'll be using the knowledge to keep me and my cat on road! cheers for the welcome guys

Trust me chap, if and when you do get a Couar be it a V6 or Zetec this forum is truely the only manual for these cars.
Oh and i forgot to say..
Welcome chap...

Hi guys, feel bit of a fraud posting on here when I dont own one yet, but basically Ive always liked them and my situation dictates I might treat my self soon. (still saving) Ive done loads of reading on the forums and must say I'm very jealos of the \V6 grin that seems to come with these. Lots of qquestions have been answered from reading stuff in here but there lots of references to them being C1 or C2, is this just age or are there other differences? thanks and great site/forum.

p.s would like a black or silver 2.5 V6 for cheap as santa didnt bring me one!

Hi mate
Welcome to the club.
Haverhill - thats close to me, I work in Balsham just down the road & live only another 20miles away in Cottenham.
Good luck with finding a nice Cougar

Simon

C1 or C2 its up to you mate, like my write up says you get a lot for your money with the V6 (its a "marmite" question on the looks part) just watch out for that TAX rise on later 2001 cars.

Hello and welcome and I echo what Matt has said - the C2 will be more expensive to tax per year especially after if it was registered after March 2001. The C1 however (especially in Black) is quite a beast both to look at and to drive....however, I am slightly biased! lol

Best of luck with what ever you find, whether it be a V6 or Zetec.