How many cougars are there?

My first ever car cost me £30 and was totally un modified, if you don't include the rust and the soggy arches. :)

I can picture the ad you might have used to sell it; "All modifications by Mother Nature Performance Systems Ltd, Leicester"

My opinion - which is clearly stating the flaming obvious - is that a classic is defined by rarity, desirability, and longevity.

So I would be asking, how many were made or are still available? How quickly do they sell when they come up? What do my rear wheel arches look like right now?

If mine is anything to go by - it was the only one in 60 miles, I had to get into a Kill Bill style swordfight with three other people for it, and it's obscenely immaculate - then you've got a classic right there.

Maybe not iconic like a DB5, but a classic. Also, I understand that it was one of Ford's first forays into "edge design" as popularised by Peter Stevens and co. so it has that going for it too.

There are 93 Cougars for sale on Autotrader right now (out of a possible 363,000) used cars.

So on Autotrader, 1 in approx every 4,000 used cars is a Cougar.

There are twice that number of Aston Martin DB9s for sale on Autotrader, so maybe fair to say a Cougar is as very exclusive model right now :)

I'd guess there are more than half left from production (12,000+), so I'd guess there is about 7,000 on UK roads.

There are 93 Cougars for sale on Autotrader right now (out of a possible 363,000) used cars.

There are twice that number of Aston Martin DB9s for sale on Autotrader, so maybe fair to say a Cougar is as very exclusive model right now :)

I'd guess there are more than half left from production (12,000+), so I'd guess there is about 7,000 on UK roads.

I hadn't seen one in years. But the day after I bought mine, I saw three within an hour. Two of them actually waved at me.

Now that's rare.

Sounds pretty exclusive to me (y)

I was surprised when I began looking for a Cougar V6 at how cheap they were, considering how few there are remaining.

My other car is an Astra, if I waved everytime I saw a fellow Astra-driver, I'd constantly have my hand raised in the air :)

I was surprised when I began looking for a Cougar V6 at how cheap they were, considering how few there are remaining.

My other car is an Astra, if I waved everytime I saw a fellow Astra-driver, I'd constantly have my hand raised in the air :)
Its getting like that round my way with super-cars, see more Ferrari's and Astons etc. than Cougars
(possibly something to do with the ammount of prestige car dealers around here)

Well, whether or not the Coug becomes a classic or not, I am looking at keeping hold of mine for a very long time to come...fingers crossed and due to it being a low mileage car, then it should be ok. There are very few Cougs down here in the South West, so rarely see one about.