How many miles does it show to a full 60 litres?

M

Mrblack88

Hi, im new to this forums? I was wondering how many miles do you get to a FULL 60 litre tank? standard 2 litre model.

Any help will be much appreciated thank you!

Don't know if it's the same amount but I drive the 2.5lt Model and when I full her to the stops I am getting around 390-400 miles depending on the temp outside. Hope this helps to give an idea and i'm sure some of the 2.0lt guys will post something up too.

I think the predicted range will depend on the average fuel economy that your trip computer is reading at the time, which I believe is calculated over the previous 300 miles travelled. If you'd been ragging it blind and recording an average 18MPG then your predicted range would be something in the region of 237 miles, if you'd been barely tickling the accelerator and managed to squeeze out a 36MPG average then the range would be more like 475 miles.

My range is always 387 and I average 27.5-29mpg in my V6..

Mine normally shows 280 - 290 when I fill right up. I have the 2 ltr. Never really checked my average mpg, maybe when I'm a bit older and really care... lol

Thread moved to "NEW OWNERS" section!

Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

I usually get about 380 miles to a full tank (V6) and average around 27mpg around town and about 31mpg on a run

With the 2L I have seen 460 odd shown on the computer - long hikes on motorways I'll get about 44 to 48mpg, about town and short hikes anywhere between 30 to 38.8, but I'm not always gentle.

Hi guys, just bought a 2.5l v6 Cougar, wondering what the best rev level is for max mpg? I'm used to driving a 306 1.9 Turbo diesel, optimum rev level on that was 2000-2500rpm for mpg, but im sure this being a petrol it will be different :)

Hi guys, just bought a 2.5l v6 Cougar, wondering what the best rev level is for max mpg? I'm used to driving a 306 1.9 Turbo diesel, optimum rev level on that was 2000-2500rpm for mpg, but im sure this being a petrol it will be different :)

hi and welcome to ukcougar.com try posting a hello in the new owners section and get a warm welcome and better response and your asking the wrong person about econmical driving lol

You can reset the computer.
Start afresh when you fill up.
Do it for Urban driving and then again for a long run.
Even my rev3 MR2 Turbo wasn't as thirsty as my V6 is. Ouch.

When filled up, my V6 will tell me I have 480 miles to go.

200 miles later it'll claim I have 325 left.

200 miles later it'll claim I have 110 left

20 miles later it'll say I have 50 left

2 miles later it'll say I have none left.

This is frustrating. :))