• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

How To Host Your Pictures And Paste them In A Forum

W

Wagsie

As I'm sitting here doing nothing , and I see that some people ask , I thought I would explain how to post pictures on a forum

Find a picture hosting web site that's free , the most popular ones are http://photobucket.com/ and http://imageshack.us

Pick one and make yourself a account , after this you will see a button that says Browse , click this and a explorer box will open , navigate to where you store your pictures , and click on the one you want to upload ( try to make sure that your picture is in JPEG format , as this makes it quicker to upload )

Now click on the upload button , your picture is now being uploaded to the site you choose to use

After it's finished uploading , it will give you a shortcut to the picture , hopefully with the tags
, this is what you need to copy , once you have done that all you need to do is paste the shortcut in a reply to any post , and your picture will be shown !

On each site you can chose to re-size your picture , I try to keep mine to 640 x 480 , as this is easy for people with slow Internet connections to view it quicker

Hope this helps

Wagsie

Wagsie said:
I try to keep mine to 640 x 480 , as this is easy for people with slow Internet connections to view it quicker

also stops the forum from disappearing off to the right!!! 8)

I just linked this to another topic , the person didn't know how to post pictures , and this was the reason I made this post :D

So maybe it would be a good idea to sticky this ? :oops:

A Car forum without pictures is just not a car forum ! lol

Thanks Wagsie

Hi Wagsie,
thanks for the info,much appreciated.
Thought I saw you driving up East hill onto London Road the other day ?.
I was about 3 cars behind you !.
Had traffic lights and roadworks,on east hill.
will my post pics of my silver cat very soon.

regards,

Ian

Re: Thanks Wagsie

ISHillier said:
Hi Wagsie,
thanks for the info,much appreciated.
Thought I saw you driving up East hill onto London Road the other day ?.
I was about 3 cars behind you !.
Had traffic lights and roadworks,on east hill.
will my post pics of my silver cat very soon.

regards,

Ian

Sorry bud , Ive only just seen this :oops:

Hope your still around , and yes it was most likely me , but there was a lady that had a nice looking frosty in Dartford so :?: