I've found the perfect alloys! Photoshop request

T

Tapley

Hey guys

I've finally found the perfect alloys i've been searching for and i believe they fit the cougar well!
Tried doing it myself on mspaint(lol fail) and have no access to photoshop so any assitance would be much apprecaited!!

These are the ebay pics of the wheels -
http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!BtYgbkgCGk~$(KGrHqEH-CMEvqHiSuWpBL7wG,gStQ~~_3.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/13/!BtYgi4wEWk~$(KGrHqIH-EIEvqW4)+sGBL7wGz1bRQ~~_3.JPG

And as i dont have my new car yet i've borrowed a pic of someones stock frosty that mine is the same as.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab143/jovisd79/Cougar/car442.jpg?t=1273863978

Anyone who could help is a legend!!

thanks

Mike

Those are MP3 alloys mate, fitted to a lot of Fords (including our Fiesta as it happens!) and they will look great on a Cougar. They're not wholly disimilar to the Masitaly RS7 alloys fitted to Ria B's frosty, good find!

Mate, while they look brilliant, you may want to check the "Offset" on those alloys, as the Coug needs to be something near ET40 and I believe those are only around 38 - which means you may have to get some spacers and longer thread studs. I would enquire with Fordpartsuk and find out before buying them.

Apperntly they are
Aspect Ratio: 40Offset: 39Load Index: 87Number of Studs: 4Speed Rating: Y: max 186 mphStud Diameter: 108

Will drop fordparts a mail though, thanks mate.

Not too dis-similar to these...

IMG_0002.jpg

Wicked photoshopping job guys they look awesome!

Fordparts say "Hello Mr Tapley.
Thankyou for your enquiry.
Unfortunately Ford offer no compatabiliry information in regards to retrofitting parts.
We are not able to confirm if these MP3 alloys will fit the Cougar
Ford do not offer Spacers or Long Studs unfortunately.
Best regards
Trevor"

So still at square one :( - Who's cougar is that wildv6? That looks great as well. Thats the style i like

Wicked photoshopping job guys they look awesome!

Fordparts say "Hello Mr Tapley.
Thankyou for your enquiry.
Unfortunately Ford offer no compatabiliry information in regards to retrofitting parts.
We are not able to confirm if these MP3 alloys will fit the Cougar
Ford do not offer Spacers or Long Studs unfortunately.
Best regards
Trevor"

So still at square one :( - Who's cougar is that wildv6? That looks great as well. Thats the style i like

Sorry to hear they haven't been very helpful. By the sounds of things I woud imagine they should fit with a PCD of 4x108 and an ET40.

Re: Whose Cougar is that which I posted up, well it used to be RichK's now belonging to RichB's missus Ria. It's RichK that I got my tinted headlight covers off.

would wheels that had an offset of 38 need spacers then? Ive read that the cougar is ET42 and 46 so not sure which is right and if there would be a problem with ET38?

With reference to ET figures:
The standard Cougar ET is 46; if you go to a BIGGER ET of say 55 then this will move the wheel INWARDS and might make it necessary to use spacers if the inside of the front tyres rub on the wheelarch liner at full lock.
If you go to a SMALLER ET of say 35 then this will move the wheel OUTWARDS and could cause the outside of the tyres to rub on the wheelarch.
We are only talking mm's and the difference in ET is usually accounted for by an increase or decrease in wheel width. If you went from a 6.5inch wheel to a 7.5inch wheel and the ET didn't alter then the wheel would stick out an extra inch. By changing the ET from 40mm to 50mm this would have the effect of partly moving the wider wheel back in again so the overall geometry would not be greatly altered.

http://www.raceandroad.com/technical-help/alloy-wheel-offset.html

My ST200 alloys are 17x7's and have an ET of 49.5.

Last edited:
So if these are 4 stud 17inch 39 offset, would it be safe to assume that i'll have enough space without rubbing anything at full lock? :)

So if these are 4 stud 17inch 39 offset, would it be safe to assume that i'll have enough space without rubbing anything at full lock? :)

Yeh, they should be ok matey, nothing under 38 would be the advice. As long as the PCD is 4 x 108, you've got no worries.

Stud Diameter: 108

Number of Studs: 4
Huzzah! I'll look to do some ebay sniping and put a max bid in at the last second :>. Thanks for all the help guys. When i've actually got my cat i'll look to subscribe and enjoy all the perks ^_^

Only a few hours left and bidding is still at the default 240quid. Question is though just realised its a 4 hour drive to pick them up and back again. Can i be arsed :<.