Just bought a cougar , it’s abit different,

Hiya Steve,

Yep welcome to the font of all cougar knoledge. Your car will not have a problem thats not covered by some thing on here.
Can you give us any hints if the photo's are a pain? Engine....colour......gearbox?;)

Reactions: mabo and WildV6
Hi again all , sorry work funny shifts so trying with the pics got the better of mye last night lol , so I joined just now and now I can upload pictures ha ha , didn’t think I was that thick ? , anyway for future reference as a non paying member ya can’t upload pictures , so after all that and everyone prob bored or fed up with me lol I’ll put some pictures on and look forward to finding out about my cat , 👍🏼
Post automatically merged:

5B4FEB00-8498-4B5D-AEA9-1598086EA4CF.jpeg

65D201D5-C289-489A-86E8-05D5173A52BF.jpeg

B73E981B-8CF2-4BF5-A8C9-658B89E73963.jpeg

921A4611-6B41-4C26-8557-B91111632714.jpeg

3D738038-ECCD-4C59-8493-53F6BA1EE7C4.jpeg

as you can see she’s abit tough from being sat for a couple of years , she was owned by a lady since 2009 and her husband before her , he passed , and I have been told his brother who had some connection to for in management so I’ve been told , she obviously loved this car as I have bills for a engine rebuild for 4K , gearbox , subframe and the list goes on all in the last 4 years , when this car was driving around 15 years ago I could not take my eyes of it as it drove past with a little old lady at the wheel bless her , it sounds awesome, what can you all tell me 👍🏼

Last edited:
Goodness me.
That's been a well known car over the years. I think it was all done well before my time on here though. Be great to see it when you've got it up and running - as far as I know the moulds for the kit still exist, and I've got a fair idea where they are.

Reactions: Foobar and WildV6
She drives totally spot on and is unbelievable quick to be honest , I’ve had cougars in the past but nothing that goes like this , mechanically everything is spot on , she needs loving on the body , but no rust just faded , and a couple of bad previous repairs , there’s not a ford badge in sight either and alloy plate saying attack cat on door shut , will post more pics when get time to do some more digging on her 👍🏼

Cor!

Love the colour, is it the same as the Puma Thunder (?), it's hard to tell on my laptop. And what's the deal with the engine and the 'high output'?

Been going through all the bills and it seems the lady’s husband did buy in fact get the car around 2006/7 , so was the body done by twisted vision? As it’s lasted unbelievable well , the arches etc have no cracks and flow into the body , the bill for the engine has a written note pointing out the bottom end was not the stock item and required extra for oversized components and gaskets, prob hence why it goes so well , was the 3 litre lump fitted when built then ? 👍🏼

Reactions: WildV6
The 'S'/ST200 used a modified 2.5 engine to increase the standard hp from 170 to 200ish, although the standard UIM in your photo would suggest it might be an 'S' in badge only. ;)
The body was done by Twisted Vision as described in Christian's thread but it looks like the original C2 headlamps and grille have been swapped out for the C1 versions.

His intention was to create a visual copy of the S Concept but he was less interested in upgrading to the 3.0l engine and AWD.

Reactions: Foobar and WildV6
I agree with the above comment Steve....I mean it's not like thats the picture to your left or anything..........! I wasn't sure it still existed. Top call.

Reactions: mabo