Jvc kd avx44

phil robbo

Well-known user
Oct 4, 2004
Huddersfield
Fitted & working. Pics as per request from Ginja.

jvc1.jpg

from behind back seats with rear screen on.

jvc2.jpg

I was thinking about a rear screen but then nobody ever really sits back there...want to mount somthing for Jo in the front bu not in the way of the airbag

Looks good Phil, you have any trouble with getting the wires in the space behind the unit? I've got loads of cables coming out the back of my head-unit and its a real pain sometimes when i've been messing to get the unit back in the dash

want to mount Jo in the front but not in the way of the airbag

Yes Alan... too much information.

Matt, yes it is a bit tight in there, I`m sure if I hit a speed hump the whole thing will shoot out. First time I put it into the housing when I come to put the front on it was upside down :eek: second time the ariel lead popped out, so at the third attempt it went in ok, well eventually.

Yes Alan... too much information.

Matt, yes it is a bit tight in there, I`m sure if I hit a speed hump the whole thing will shoot out. First time I put it into the housing when I come to put the front on it was upside down :eek: second time the ariel lead popped out, so at the third attempt it went in ok, well eventually.
Well yeah to say there was a 1.5DIN unit in the space to start with, when you have 3 phono leads, power, aerial, rear-camera video input and the various other input/output leads on these JVC units you are hard pressed (Quite literally) to get the unit into position.....especialy when you find out it has a built in fan for cooling also! (well mine has)

A word of advice if yours is similar to mine in its set-up menu, to stop the unit over-heating, if your using seperate power amplifiers, you can turn off the units internal amplifier :idea: (y) result

Like that rear seat set-up Phill, never realy took the time to see what you had back there, good use of space that otherwise wouldn't be used (after all the car is only a 4 seater)

so at the third attempt it went in ok, well eventually

Brute force and use of a large hammer Phil? lol :LOL::LOL:

I had similar prob's when fitting my Kenwood system and even now, if I brake a little too hard the unit comes out a bit...Oh well! lol :incazzato::yikes: