Laguna Coupe

p.whitelock said:
Yeh, i went passed an audi R8 today and it was the first time i had seen one inthe flesh and it certainly caught my eye. Was a boring silver colour :wink: but still looked good. I just love the LED lights they have 8)

I also have only seen one on the road, it was on A41 heading into Wolverhampton from Albrighton/Cosford - no chanse in hell of me passing him though :LOL:

I've always been a fan of Renaults despite the build quality issues which have plagued me for years, but I can't bring myself to like the new Laguna.

I love the Audi R8. Personally I would wait for the 5L V10 co come out. I've even heard roumours of a 6L V12 600bhp Diesel that gives 30mpg.

ccindex said:
I've always been a fan of Renaults despite the build quality issues which have plagued me for years, but I can't bring myself to like the new Laguna.

I love the Audi R8. Personally I would wait for the 5L V10 co come out. I've even heard roumours of a 6L V12 600bhp Diesel that gives 30mpg.
Wouldn't suprise me mate they won the Lemans 24hr again this year with the same engine.....i know I was there :wink:

ginja said:
little bit of DB-9 going on at the back methinks

Sorry mate I cannot see any similarities whatsoever to be honest :? :?

p.whitelock said:
I think the DB9 is getting old now, the laguna is a lot better looks wise.

Paul what are you saying man???!!! :eek: The DB9 may have been about for a while but it aint like you see them everyday is it. Ever since they first emerged they have been the best looking car on sale. Only recently has this been changed with the birth of the V8 Vantage roadster, which is just absolutely stunning and almost as pretty as the most beautiful car ever, the DB7 8) . Aston have and I'm pretty sure will always will be the kings when it comes to car design, Renault are never going to get close whatever they come up with.

I know this is a matter of opinion but to me my opinion is the only one that matters :LOL: :LOL: :wink: :wink: :wink:

The Audi R8 is a stunner though, really gorgeous and a very modern design. A little bit German for my tastes but definitely one of there best efforts :D

Yep, second all that. The DB9 is def top of my big lottery win first spend list (with an R8 for a runaround !!)
Mate at works got a DB7 lucky git, he had loads of money left him in a will. The last service at ?ú1700 made him flinch a bit tho... :D

My father also used to have a DB7 volante, deep burgundy red with a cream roof. It was pretty much the most beautiful car I've ever seen, to see it sitting on the drive when I walked home from school (this was quite a while ago :LOL: ) made me actually want to go straight home for my tea :LOL: I used to spend hours just staring at that car :LOL:
The interior was cramped and full of Ford switches, the handling left a lot to be desired, everything was loose and it was by no means a particularly reliable car. It cost a fortune to run, like you said ?ú1500-2000 for a service was regular, over ?ú1000 for a set of tires which lasted about 5000 miles. Plus if anything ever went wrong (which happened quite a lot) no matter how small, you were always looking at a huge bill, the worst was when the aircon died, that cost over 3k :eek: :eek:

But that car was just so gorgeous that none of these little problems mattered. You would go to the garage to pick the car up, they would hand you a bill for thousands of pounds because a light bulb blew, and you would ask to go and see the work they had done. As soon as you clapped eyes on the car the price would just leave your mind and you would write out a cheque without even batting an eyelid. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thats the thing about the DB7 for me, it was so flawed, and yet it was the best selling Aston ever because everyone who saw it would experience love at first sight. It cost the earth, a Ferrari or Porsche would probably be a better car in every way, but none of them looked or sounded anywhere near as good and none had those wings on the bootlid 8)

Well I cant afford an Aston, but if the Laguna Coupe comes out I may be able to afford one of them after a couple of years.

If it ever does come out I'm sure you could get hold of an early DB7 for similar money to new one of them Jez :LOL: :wink: You should look into it :wink:

Serious you get an early DB7 coupe for the price of a BMW nowadays, I know which one I'd rather own :LOL:

v6_cougar_london said:
If it ever does come out I'm sure you could get hold of an early DB7 for similar money to new one of them Jez :LOL: :wink: You should look into it :wink:

Serious you get an early DB7 coupe for the price of a BMW nowadays, I know which one I'd rather own :LOL:

I would only buy the laguna after a couple of years, as I can think of better ways to spend ?ú25K. I couldnt afford to run a DB7.

RichK said:
As you said though, the running costs will put most people off.
I don't know, I don't think anyone who would be looking for a bargain Aston Martin would expect anything less then high running costs. I think the problem is its very hard to talk someone into buying one if they dont want one, but if they are interested in one then high running costs will be a given....

My dad used to tell me about a huge bill he got for whatever repair or replacement, then he would just look out the window at the drive, shrug and say "worth every penny". It was one of his most used phrases.... Funnily enough my mum didn't really agree with him :LOL:

There are also some gorgeous mods available for that car, it was the first we really went to town on since my dad was a kid, and the car that really got my into modifying cars. Before I was completely against the idea :? :LOL:

jezport said:
I would only buy the laguna after a couple of years, as I can think of better ways to spend ?ú25K. I couldnt afford to run a DB7.

Jez when it comes to cars you should always think with your heart, not your head :wink:

Thats what I think, but then I have come to learn that I'm a little bit too passionate about cars now :LOL: Oh well a guys got to have a hobby right :wink:

v6_cougar_london said:
jezport said:

Jez when it comes to cars you should always think with your heart, not your head :wink:

Thats what I think, but then I have come to learn that I'm a little bit too passionate about cars now :LOL: Oh well a guys got to have a hobby right :wink:

Even my heart says the Aston will fall apart and the Renault will be less hassle :roll:

jezport said:
v6_cougar_london said:
jezport said:

Even my heart says the Aston will fall apart and the Renault will be less hassle :roll:

Can picture it now Jez.... bailiffs banging on the door, kids dressed in rags, you're all eating cabbage leaves but there's a clapped out old Aston Martin DB7 absorbing your wages so it's all worth it.... :? :roll:

jamie_duff said:
jezport said:
v6_cougar_london said:
jezport said:

Can picture it now Jez.... bailiffs banging on the door, kids dressed in rags, you're all eating cabbage leaves but there's a clapped out old Aston Martin DB7 absorbing your wages so it's all worth it.... :? :roll:

Cabbage you were lucky :wink:

Think about it like this Jez, when you see a beautiful girl in a bar or whereever, is the first thing that you think.... "I wonder if shes good at ironing"????????????????????

When I say think with your heart, hassle and reliability should not come into it, unless your heart is made of bricks :LOL: :LOL: Hassle is exactly what thinking with your head is man... :wink:

jamie_duff said:

Well if it was absorbing ALL my wages I'd like to think it would be gleaming :LOL: :LOL: But I will bring my kids up to realise a diet of cocktail sausages and baked beans is a small price to pay to have the dream car outside :LOL: :LOL: :wink: :wink:

8) 8) The Pug looks superb I'd deffo have one and a whole lot more attainable than a gorgeous DB9 or R8. :cry:

v6_cougar_london said:
Renault must have invested in some tracing paper, I've never seen a car look so similar to the cat. It is very nice though.... Is that 100% what the finished product will look like???

ha ha just read that, made me smile. so true