Look.....No Lashes

Nice idea that Sun-strip have toyed with the idea myself (Halfords do a silver strip) but never quite got the feeling on it, but now several owners cars I've seen have them so its working on me. (y)
Thanks ginj, Al's your man mate, top quality & excellent value........look no further!;)

I like the way he has his Silver sun-strip inside the windscreen, always fancied a tinted one, but all this talk of tints being illegal has got me wondering (I remember when it was the norm to have half the screen tinted back in the 90's, copying the Touringcars/Rally cars)

TBH ginj, I'm not fussed about window tints, I do think the sunstrip improves the sporty look of the cat, due to it's high forehead (front windscreen). Fitting the strip internally is far from easy mate, but do-able.

The great thing about Al's decals, are he can make them in any colour with any custom design of your choice (as you already know). I did see a nice subtle window tint on 1Acehandy's cat at Donnington, rear quarter extending onto side windows in a cougar head design, that looked cool.;)

I think the sunstrip on a cougar looks pretty cool too but i'd be concerned if i had a external one around here. I just know some scrote would take a fancy to it and start picking :incazzato:

In the past i'd have had tints to look cool, but now its to keep the interior cool and protect the leather (it gets a BIT hot in the summer) ok it does look good and protects your modesty if you make a bit of a faux-pax at the lights etc ;) but as i've noticed with most people's cars that are tinted they have to drive round with the window open (like some G-star) because its too dark :LOL: prats, my old Orion had Dark Grey tints allround (except the windscreen) and that was perfect, not too dark and never a problem with the old bill.

In the past i'd have had tints to look cool, but now its to keep the interior cool and protect the leather (it gets a BIT hot in the summer) ok it does look good and protects your modesty if you make a bit of a faux-pax at the lights etc ;) but as i've noticed with most people's cars that are tinted they have to drive round with the window open (like some G-star) because its too dark :LOL: prats, my old Orion had Dark Grey tints allround (except the windscreen) and that was perfect, not too dark and never a problem with the old bill.
Don't tell me you've been revving to go, then stalled at the crucial moment ginj!:LOL::)

I think the sunstrip on a cougar looks pretty cool too but i'd be concerned if i had a external one around here. I just know some scrote would take a fancy to it and start picking :incazzato:
Even on an external fitting Tig, no way could anyone nick it off the car after it's been fitted, not without destroying it at any rate, then it's just mindless vandalism & if they're that way inclined, they'll do that to your car, sunstrip or not mate IMHO.(y)

Mine was supposed to have been a "Sunstrip" but due to....errrr...impatience, ham fistedness etc... I ended up with this....

CougarSunstrip.jpg

I'm kind of glad, as I sit quite high (as I'm over 6 foot) in the drivers seat (yes, I know you can lower it, but feels more comfortable) - I would not have been able to see traffic lights etc. had I left the black sunstrip in place. Anyway, I'm happy with just the lettering across it.

Looking good there Tim, I'm 6ft & have no issues with mine, I tend to look out the drivers side window if I'm in front at the lights & all is revealed.(y)

BTW, what kinda animal is that joyriding on yer dash?:)

Last edited:
Even on an external fitting Tig, no way could anyone nick it off the car after it's been fitted, not without destroying it at any rate, then it's just mindless vandalism & if they're that way inclined, they'll do that to your car, sunstrip or not mate IMHO.(y)

Love the pun :LOL: You are right tho Mark. I constantly worry about where i park it and what i'll find when i return. Bit paranoid i'd say :LOL:

Looking good there Tim, I'm 6ft & have no issues with mine, I tend to look out the drivers side window if I'm in front at the lights & all is revealed.(y)

BTW, what kinda animal is that joyriding on yer dash?:)

You were almost right above mate ;)

Yeah Tim is that a Kanga by any chance?

LOL...it's a Kangaroo - a present from home (Aussie) - I may look out for a Cougar though :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love the pun :LOL: You are right tho Mark. I constantly worry about where i park it and what i'll find when i return. Bit paranoid i'd say :LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:..........Understandable Nick, but don't worry mate.........just cos the world is out to vandalise your car, no need to start getting paranoid!(y)

Seriously though I can relate, after my carpark dings, I always find myself going out to the carpark when the shifts change, to look for a better, wider, parking space, just to be on the safe side.;)

If you allow it to become too much of an obsession, you'll end up living in the car, parked in a nuclear bunker!:)

Keep your eye on it Tim, cunning little blighters, don't leave it alone in your car with the keys in the ignition mate.:skep:

Never do mate, although I live in a fairly respectable area, so we don't have problems like that (y) I've actually (by accident) left my Coug on the driveway unlocked with the stereo in etc. while I was at work for 12 hours - never a problem...but suppose I was just lucky :rolleyes5:

Never do mate, although I live in a fairly respectable area, so we don't have problems like that (y) I've actually (by accident) left my Coug on the driveway unlocked with the stereo in etc. while I was at work for 12 hours - never a problem...but suppose I was just lucky :rolleyes5:
I was referring to keep your eyes on that sneaky looking kangeroo mate.:eek: