Mercury Mc 2 1997 Design concept

ginja

Well-known user
Sep 20, 2004
Atherstone, North Warwickshire
Just some pics in case any new members don't know about this original Mercury concept car that got the modern Cougar rolling.
You will notice the styling details evident in both the Cougar 1 and Cougar 2 (The Cougar 2 grill & wheel design, General Cougar rear light design etc.)

mc97m201.jpg

97mercury_mc2_3.jpg

97mercury_mc2_2.jpg

97mercury_mc2_1.jpg

Ginja

Ist time i've seen that, love the black roof 8)
Funny how they waited until the C2 for the similar front bumper.
Apart from the front lights (pretty useless with those little slit light i would have thought) nice to see they kept pretty close to the concept.

RichK said:
Ist time i've seen that, love the black roof 8)
Funny how they waited until the C2 for the similar front bumper.
Apart from the front lights (pretty useless with those little slit light i would have thought) nice to see they kept pretty close to the concept.
Its A full glass roof mate (tinted louvred opening) I would guess the penny pinchers saw fit to change the design (or a re-design, can't see as many selling going on the comments about the C2 Bumper)

Lights as useless as the C1 then :LOL:

I have seen similar design wheels mind.....

MANOS told me it has a Courdroy Dash.... :eek:

I am glad they changed it in the ways that are obvious to see, i doubt i would have wanted that concept style and a "Courdroy dash" :? :? :roll: The rears and flanks maybe but that front end :roll: looks too much like a citrine to me. :arrow:

Someone must have said "oi this is the design we started with" when they came to the facelift cougar 2, there are so many design hints from the original concept.

Just noticed the Mercury cougar1 grill available from the states is simillar in design to the concept grill.

The rear bumper with the exhaust outlets looks interesting (the Cougar2 rear bumper in the US has slats in it too)

Mirrors are funkyer too if you notice.

Generaly the side profile and swage lines are exactly the same as production cars.

ginja said:
Just some pics in case any new members don't know about this original Mercury concept car that got the modern Cougar rolling.
You will notice the styling details evident in both the Cougar 1 and Cougar 2 (The Cougar 2 grill & wheel design, General Cougar rear light design etc.)

mc97m201.jpg

97mercury_mc2_3.jpg

97mercury_mc2_2.jpg

97mercury_mc2_1.jpg

Ginja

:idea: :D Come on Christian you've finished one prtotype replica, time for the next one .Can you resist the extra kudos bud? :wink: